my email is sending spam to people on my contact list. how do i stop this?

my contacts are receiving emails from my account, from place like canadian drug companies selling viagra and such. what can i do to fix this spam issue?

Favorite Answer

Change your password immediately. Change to a STRONG password (letters, CAPS, #s and symbols). That should fix it. You can scan your computer with BOTH antivirus and antimalware programs to be sure you are not infected, but the password change usually does it.

Your Yahoo email account has been compromised, e.g. the password has been guessed. Change the password for your Yahoo account (to something very strong) immediately! This seems to be unbelievably common, especially at Yahoo. Many thousands of spammers have been allowed on Yahoo (check the senders of your SPAM for proof) and/or compromised legitimate accounts. I have exported my contacts and informed them of my change of address at Gmail.