Do any alties actually understand science?

I've tried my best to follow up some of the so-called papers cited by these guys, and to be honest most of then would have been thrown out by a tutor in the first year undergraduates. I could construct better medical trials than all of these guys. Some people seem to think that it's not science if two... show more I've tried my best to follow up some of the so-called papers cited by these guys, and to be honest most of then would have been thrown out by a tutor in the first year undergraduates. I could construct better medical trials than all of these guys.

Some people seem to think that it's not science if two scientists disagree with each other. Well this is bunkem, the greatest scientists love to be proven wrong because it means they can learn more, if all scientists agreed with each other then science would just stop. Medicine Is science. I quote Brian Cox "the best outcome from the experiment would be that we have to tear up out books and start over again, that's what is so exciting".

So the question.

Is it the alties who are not scientists by sticking with treatments that are hundreds or thousands of years out of date? Or is it medical doctors who are constantly revising their techniques based on new evidence?

Note, I do not block anyone be it Lightning, Mary, NA or whoever from answering my questions, I'm a scientist and love to read about conflicting evidence because I have the chance to tear up my books and learn anew if compelling evidence is presented. Even Einstein had to give in before his death.
Update: Well to start off, there are no such group as "alties". Of course there are, they post hre all the time. I know of an alternative that works. Example, I got the flu, treated it with olive leaf and oregano extract, and was not only back on my feet, but in full health in 48 hrs just feeling a bit... show more Well to start off, there are no such group as "alties".

Of course there are, they post hre all the time.

I know of an alternative that works. Example, I got the flu, treated it with olive leaf and oregano extract, and was not only back on my feet, but in full health in 48 hrs just feeling a bit tired.

Cool, your Nobel Prize awaits. When should we expect your paper to be published? I think that's about $1.5M
Update 2: "So, be realistic, what percentage of scientists have actually thrown out years worth of their own research, told the funders that it was all a waste of time and that nothing will come of it." Well there was a massive tearing up of books in the first 50 years of the previous century. You might have... show more "So, be realistic, what percentage of scientists have actually thrown out years worth of their own research, told the funders that it was all a waste of time and that nothing will come of it."

Well there was a massive tearing up of books in the first 50 years of the previous century. You might have missed Quantum Mechanics along with General and Special relativity.

Unification of electricity and magnetism was a huge step to make and look where we'd be without it today

Computer Science has done it at least twice with the move from structured to formal methods.

Biology with the advent of evolution 150 years ago

Medicine over the past 100 years has shed loads of rubbish on the way to modern theories along where 80 years you can still be productive and lively.

Even specifically Susan Blackmore spent years and years of research only to come up with a -ve. But even that still advanced science.

Then of course there is Ernst