Dawn

Where does Isabel Allende live now?

I have a Spanish culture essay due on Monday and i need HELP!!!! I've searched all over the web and could not find ANYTHING GOOD!! Please help me!!!!! :(

• Toby
    Favorite Answer

Current Life

During a visit to California in 1988, Allende met her second husband, attorney Willie Gordon. In 1994 she was awarded the Gabriela Mistral Order of Merit, the first woman to receive this honor. In 1995, Allende obtained United States citizenship and currently lives in San Rafael, California. Most of her family lives near her with her son living "with his second wife and her grandchildren just down the hill; her son-in-law and his family live in the house she and her second husband, San Francisco lawyer and novelist William Gordon, vacated."[7]

In 2006, she was one of the eight flag bearers at the Opening Ceremony of the Winter Olympics in Turin, Italy. In 2008, Allende received the honorary degree Doctor of Humane Letters from San Francisco State University for her "distinguished contributions as a literary artist and humanitarian."[17]

Source(s): San Francisco

Im not 100% sure but i'll say California, not sure which city tho

I also think it's California.