upgrade a laptop (studio 15) any help?
i have a dell. (sidenote) dell customer service is none existent in amercia, its in india and recently, they have been prosecuted for downloading some girl's porn into a website when they were supposed to help take it off her computer. also the servicemen are horrible, dont listen, until you threaten to call the manager on them.
the model is studio 1555 (15)
it's processor is intel(R) core(TM)2 duo CPU p8600 @ 2.40GHz
has a memory of 4.0 gb
its system type is a 64 bit operating system.
is there anyway i can upgrade it such as :
making the batteries last longer/ buying a a different battery (it is a rechargeable Li-ion battery rating:11.1 V. The type is WU946 and can carry 56 Wh which to me is about 3 hours and 30 minutes)
putting more gigs into my computer
or simply upgrading the processor (to make it not slightly faster but significantly faster.)
all or either one or 2 by using only 250 dollars
iight iight, i got all that cleaning stuff down there but i need some tips on upgrading it as stated above
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
I would say you first of all scan your system with any good system cleaner such as Reginout to clean your system of excessive data that gives errors and cause slowdown. Also, uninstall unnecessary programs. I hope your problem will be solved. Few more steps will also help you:
1. Make Sure Your Hardware is Sufficient: Above and beyond everything you can do with software to optimize the function of your computer, making sure you have the proper hardware to support Windows is critical.
2. Clean Your Desktop: Is your Windows Desktop dotted with files? Have you noticed that your computer has been running slower and slower? Do you see the hard drive light often flashing while you wait for the computer to respond to an action? There are steps you can take to fix it. Read this article.
3. Scan Your Windows System for Errors: An operating system is a collection of files that perform different functions. It is possible, over time, that one or more of these system files has changed or become corrupted. If this happens, the speed of your system may decrease. By using a utility called “System File Checking”, it will inspect these files and correct any problem it finds.
4. Scan for Viruses, Spyware and Adware: Every Windows computer is vulnerable to viruses. Viruses are nasty little programs that cause both major and minor problems for users. Spyware and Adware are programs created by companies to find out more information about customers, so they can better market products to them. Spyware and Adware can load into computer memory and slow it down.Periodically scanning and removal of Viruses, Spyware and Adware is a great way to improve computer performance.
5. Uninstall Unused Programs: Over time, you may have accumulated programs on your computer that you do not use. When a program is installed, it creates connections between the program and the operating system. Even if you don’t use these programs, they can slow down your system. If you have the original program’s installation disk or file, removing programs will free up space on your computer and may speed up your system's performance.
6. Adjust Visual Effects for Better Performance: Windows provides a number of interesting visual effects including animated windows and fading menus. If you do not have enough operating memory (see above number 1), these effects can slow down your computer. Adjusting or reducing visual effects can make a difference.
7. Don’t Automatically Start Programs: Programs use operating memory (RAM, also called system resources). Unless you always use these programs, you can keep them from loading at Windows startup and speed both the booting of your computer and its performance. Manage startup programs using reginout.
8. Defragment Your Hard Drive: The more information and programs you have on your computer, the more it is likely that Windows has placed parts of the same file in different locations on your hard drive. It may do this for hundreds of files and programs, depending on how much space is available. Defragmenting the hard drive places all information for each file in one place. The result can be a faster computer experience.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
No this is good
I would suggest to try this software It is excellent
You can increase speed because this software remove dust file from laptop
WinCleaner One-Click (Up to 3 Users)
*Keep Your PC working faster, smoother and trouble free
*Registry Cleaner safely cleans, repairs and optimizes the Windows Registry
*Accelerate System Startup times
*Recover valuable hard drive space
*Protect your privacy when visiting Web pages
- czarnetzkiLv 44 years ago
of direction it particularly is technically obtainable to do what you %. besides the fact that the cost that Dell will fee you, besides the fact that in the event that they are going to do it, will make it uneconomic. you would be extra advantageous effective off by employing advertising the laptop refurbished under assure then identifying to purchase a sparkling laptop that meets your needs.