A question about glasses vs contact lenses vs Lasik?

I am 47yo and my eyesight has deteriorated somewhat over the last 4 or 5 years. I currently wear multi-focal glasses, but HATE WEARING GLASSES! Because they are a nuisance at work and get in the way/broken/bent/misplaced etc!! I was wondering if there is such a thing as multi-focal contact lenses? Or am I stuck... show more I am 47yo and my eyesight has deteriorated somewhat over the last 4 or 5 years. I currently wear multi-focal glasses, but HATE WEARING GLASSES! Because they are a nuisance at work and get in the way/broken/bent/misplaced etc!! I was wondering if there is such a thing as multi-focal contact lenses? Or am I stuck witrh these GOD DAMN HIDEOUS MONSTROSITIES stuck on my face forever?!?!?! Of course I would much prefer laser treatment, but the ridiculous prices they charge for that ($3500 per eye!! FFS!! who can afford that!!) makes it way out of my reach( and most other working class people like me I should imagine) Any help or advice here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
3 answers 3