/ asked in HealthMental Health · 9 years ago

ADHD: is it god's idea of a cruel joke?

I have known that something was abnormal about me for a long time. I always was so out of touch with other people and society in general.

a few years ago I was diagnosed with ADHD according to a psychiatrist. Recently I have also undergone genetic testing for the DRD4 repeat gene and was also positive.

In the meantime I have enjoyed not having any friends in middleschool, highschool or college. I have also enjoyed getting terrible grades in middleschool and getting average grades in highschool and college despite studying to 3 am almost all nights.

looking back, I did a lot of stupid things, but it's not like I intentionally pissed anyone off.

why did god play such a cruel joke on me?

I am on the verge of splitting my head against the wall right now

Favorite Answer

AD/HD can be tough. The worst part of it and by far the most misunderstood is the direction you go in life rather than the condition in itself.

According to a study based in Sigtuna in Sweden,if you have AD/HD without having behavioural problems then you're 10 times more like to be bullied than the average kid. Behavioural problems are very common with AD/HD and therefore it can lead to high rates of unemployment, crime, etc...

But there's also a very over represented group of highly successful businesspeople, inventors, and scientists with AD/HD. If you care enough about yourself then you'll strive to be part of that group instead.

As for me I suffer from PTSD, Bipolar type I, AD/HD, depersonilization, and social anxiety, and my life has been hell for many years with severe bullying, and verbal, and sexual abuse, and I still manage to have a good circle of friends today, run my own company successfully, help raise two young kids, and my economy is quite good. This is all without medication that works and I'm still waiting for therapy.

• Denzel

Don't hurt yourself. We all do stupid things and everyone has regrets about daft things that they've done in the past.

Hopefully with medication and the right sort of support you can make the most of your potential - sounds as though you're still quite young - I heard that in many cases ADHD fades away as the person passes into their twenties? You don't say anything about having had any support, and that's the need which really shouts at me from your posting. You seem to need someone who understands the condition to give you some proper support and advice,specific to you, rather than the well-intenting but probably not expert people who respond to Yahoo Answers.

School and college seems to have been a let-down for you, but you're not just about your academic strengths. There are other things about you that are good, I'm sure. You still have options and prospects, and you're young - you can afford to be a bit more optimistic. Best of luck, hope you get some help with this and feel better.

ADHD can be easily managed with the help of medication. Be thankful you do not have a more serious disorder like Schizophrenia or Bipolar..... Be glad you were born with all your limbs and that your genetic abnormality did not result in Down's syndrome. be happy that you were not born to parents who are mantally ill and abuse you. Be relieved that you haven't been in a car accident that paralyzed you from the waist down...... God plays many cruel jokes. God is a mean little kid who likes pulling the wings off of flies (and we are the flies). Go see your doc and get your Adderall and you will be much better.

Disagree

This information can help stop all types of so called mental problems.

1st of all, maybe you think parents can talk anyway they see fit each day. Turns out many parents are abusers. Actually they are not trying to be tough to make you responsible- they are tricking you. This goes for people at school as well.

Hurting people control/hurt others. It's not you.. They are the ones who have a problem. People/parents do mean things- ignore/abandon to control. They just want the reaction so they can get high feel good from it. You have to look at the agenda. Abuse is anything and words that are not uplifting. So forget what truth is being used right then. Remember -THEY are sick and get high on being mean, and thats why they do it. They are wrong about everything. The abuser is close-minded and self-righteous.

The parents abuse can make children react with all types of so called mental Illnesses- painful but not a real disease - includes all OCD, BP ETC.

Psychiatrists commit fraud in that there is zero science in what they do. They do not draw blood to test for imbalances. For chemical imbalances no test exists. There is no conception of what a correct chemical balance would look like to date. People in the FDA agree. I have links for this.

After abuse, drugs or witchcraft, all types mental sickness can be a spiritual problem - Jesus name is needed to banish what is there..

Google- "Inside the Mind of an Abuser" http://www.googobits.com/articles/2446-inside-the-... how it works and be free...Google "self righteous" God wants you to know truth, forgive, and get away from them. Read many many sites under "emotional abuse" for real results..

Source--Seeing people overcome this --Talk to me for help. I have time.

ADHD is what doctors pass around when they dont know whats realy wrong with you just so they can pump you up on drugs that **** you up worse. I know because they did that to me and come to find out they were wrong so dont believe anything your elders tell you.

Source(s): was told i had ADHD but i dont!

I was at a point with my disorder that i was seeing people who weren't there, with rotting flesh peeling off their faces.

I got on with my life, because you have to.

So please get over yourself.

Some people are dying of cancer atm and no matter how hard it is for you. Im sure they'd love to switch places with you.

Source(s): Me
  • Scott

There are MANY conditions that are much worse and more debilitating than ADHD. Some conditions will kill you.

Yeah, it's shitt*, but don't blame others for it.

just because you have adhd doesnt mean you cant be social and make friends...thats a personal think...

Don't believe the psychiatrists. It's a gift. You just have to open your eyes.