Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWinter SportsSnowboarding · 10 years ago

Good Park/Jib Snowboard?

I ride rails a lot. I need a board that can press really easily, a 3, 4 at the most. "Rail Ready" edges are also needed. But I also want something that will hold up to a 30 foot kicker. I've narrowed it down to Forum Contract...Forum Youngblood Chillydog...and the Rome Artifact. Which one sounds like the right choice? Other sugestions and links are good too!

Favorite Answer

dude, get the forum contract! i bought one myself its amazing. the pop camber is sick for rails and is def a nice landing on those kickers. plus the bad *** core will make the board hold up to rails, rocks, cement, trees... haha i already rode mine a few times on some handrails and it looks brand new.

by the way do not listen to all these people telling you to buy the park pickle or the skate banana, they really arent worth the price ive riden both... ive rather have the contract with money left over.

and always stick to a normal or flat camber. reverse camber is just a fad and will disappear soon. the pickle and banana and every other reverse camber will give u a rough landing on those kickers, trust me. and the "magnatract" does nothing, its the biggest lie. Contract all the way!

Source(s): snowboarding for years, riden many boards

Best Jib Snowboard

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Good Park/Jib Snowboard?

I ride rails a lot. I need a board that can press really easily, a 3, 4 at the most. "Rail Ready" edges are also needed. But I also want something that will hold up to a 30 foot kicker. I've narrowed it down to Forum Contract...Forum Youngblood Chillydog...and the Rome Artifact. Which...

Source(s): good park jib snowboard: https://shortly.im/qyxYw

Dude face it, you are asking for 2 features in a board that are mutually exclusive. Easy to press and handle 30 foot kickers.

An easy to press board has to be more flexy for buttering, whereas something that will give you great landings off of big kickers needs a bit more stiffness. You will have to make a compromise in the middle.

I recommend a lib tech travis rice. I have had one for 2 years now and will buy the new model this season. it has reverse camber and magnetraction edges. So even when the edges are dulled out, they will cut through hard pack on those icy days.

It is not as flexy as the skate banana which does not handle landings really well. But this one kicks *** on rails and boxes. Where it really excels is at those Big landings. The first day on this board, I tried to do a backflip which was a first for me. This board handled the landing so well (infact too well, cause i crashed shortly afterwards still in shock at pulling off a backflip).

But the t.rice is a great park board, and i even take it in the powder where the reverse camber helps out a lot. Check out lib-techs website and try to get a board that has BTX and stiffness within 5-7. with the higher number being more stiffer.

The Gnu Park Pickle is exactly what you're looking for man. It's flexy and has magnatraction, but the great part about it is that it slays the whole mountain, not just the park. You can take that board anyway and be super comfortable. So when I say you wanted a board that is great in the park, and can also handle 30 foot kickers, this board immediately came to mind, definitely check it out. And if my word isn't enough for you, check out all the "good wood" awards this board has won, and check out some online reviews, im sure they'll be a bit more technical than I was able to be. Anyway, hope I helped brah. Keep shredding!

Oh and here's a link

http://www.gnu.com/snowboards/park-pickle/

get the capita horrorscope! its got flat kick rocker and its really good for jibs. its good at high speeds for a FK board. It's got an extruded base, which is slower than by sintered by a little, but its what you want for a park board because they are much easier to maintain and cheaper to repair. Rail Ready=detuned edges. horrorscope is a sick park board. also pretty cheap for the quality.

have fun schredding

Source(s): http://www.capitasnowboarding.com/snowboards/horro... don't worry about the complicated terms, its just saying they use materials to make it flexier, and the flex won't change a lot over the time you ride it.

a never summer evo would be a good park board for you. Soft for jibbing but stable on jumps because of the camber/rocker

Gnu park pickle and nothing else.

It seems exactly what your looking for.

I ride a Rome Artifact Rocker, but I'm not hitting anything over 20 ft jump wise. I just bought a Gnu park pickle for everything else, because the artifact is a bit soft for jumps, and the bronze edges kinda suck on icy trails.

park pickle

park pickle

park pickle.

lib tech skate bannana