Remote ceiling fan lights not working?

We recently bought a house that has a remote controlled ceiling fan/light fixture in one of the bed rooms. It worked fine for about a month, then the lights stopped working. They won't respond to the remote when I try to turn them on, although the fan still responds. When unscrewing the light bulbs when I... show more We recently bought a house that has a remote controlled ceiling fan/light fixture in one of the bed rooms. It worked fine for about a month, then the lights stopped working. They won't respond to the remote when I try to turn them on, although the fan still responds. When unscrewing the light bulbs when I inspected it, I noticed that when only one CFL was left connected, it flickered dimly. Any suggestions? Is it a case of needing to take the thing off the ceiling to find the receiver to the remote, and see if that's what went?
Update: Tried incandescent bulbs, made no difference. It's not on a dimmer.