Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 9 years ago

Good dubstep tracks with vocals?

Hi All ...

.. I've been listening to Katy B's On A Mission just lately and I wanna find similar tracks. Technically, the genre is dubstep but authentic dubstep is a bit too dark and experimental for me yet that seems to be all im finding!

Any1 with suggestions of any similar tracks, please let me kno 'cos im getttin tired of scouring youtube for songs :)

Thanks

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I agree that it's hard to find good dubstep. A lot of it turns out to be really lame because copy cats don't really analyze the real stuff and notice all the little intricate production techniques that are used. It's an art that definitely requires you to know a lot about manipulating signals. Not so much in melodic, but certainly a large emphasis on warping what you or have.

sorry, I have no solutions, but you could start trying to find sites that service DJs and from there you'd find tracks that have been filtered to DJs for use in clubs specifically. DJCity.com is one of them, but I know there are more. I know DJcity lets you hear a snippet of the song so you can at least figure out the artist, song name, and what it sounds like.

• Amy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Phaeleh - Afterglow. Killer track. Or any of the ones by Skream and Riya. She's a great vocalist. Does d'n'b tunes too. The one with her and Lenzman called "Open Page" is really good, but it's nothing like dubstep.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Two of my favorite songs:

The xx - "Infinity"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSNb7IMVYzI

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related (This one is relatively unknown, but still amazing to me)

JavanDee - "Final Escape (dantini remix)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjOfXkcjyjk

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=fvw

Youtube quality is bad, they sound incredible downloaded.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

this song is from london.

MONSTA & MR. KEY - SPACE RAIDERS

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.