A logic question, help ?!?

Apparently there is a mathematical part to it to help work it out...

The vast majority of dogs in the country have more than the average amount of legs.

How does this work?

Favorite Answer

The vast majority of dogs presumably have 4 legs, however, there are dogs that have less due to accidents or whatever other problems result in such tragedy. If only a small portion of dogs have missing legs, then this would force the average below 4. For example, making these numbers up off the top of my head, if there are 4,000,000 dogs with 4 legs, and 100,000 with 3, then the average turns out to be 3.975 legs, meaning that the majority with the 4 legs indeed does have more than the average of 3.975. I am ignoring the possibility of dogs with 2, 1, or 0 legs, but my point is that even a small minority having 4 legs will push the average below the 4 legs that most dogs have. I have no idea how to represents that in mathematical formula, but hopefully this helps

go to the humane society to find how many dogs there are in the (Country), and multiply by four, then compare the number of other species in this (Country) to see how many more dogs there are than, let's say, man.