Will there ever be a second American Revolution?

The first revolution took place to over throw a government that was not responding to the needs of the people being governed, that was wasteful and overbearing and that was not well representing the people.

The founding fathers said that it was morally right to overthrow that government and to replace it with one by, for and of the people.

It looks like our present government has evolved into a monster that no longer represents the people, misuses taxes, lies and could care less as to the welfare and well being of the citizens.

Will we see another American Revolution?

I do not give thumbs down, even for less than serious or rude answers however, I do not automatically give thumbs up, either.

namaste

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

With all the wealth concentrated in such a small group of people that get and have everything they desire. I can NOT understand why the 80% of the masses are not seeking by any means, economic equality,financial security & Citizen Democracy for all right DAM now.

What the citizens really need is shared Rule & control for themselves under a better form of govt i.e. A True daily direct Democracy. Patronizing this constitutional republic with sham elections & phony representative govt all puppet-mastered by the wealthy few must be put out of doing business forever.

I certainly wish the citizens would organize & act to end Representative govt & seize all corporations for citizen ownership, "if corporations must exist".

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

We've had a half dozen revolutions already.

Since they inevitably attempt to impose the rule of might over the rule of law, they failed.

Only fools claim they are being oppressed, because they lost an election.

Only fools turn to violence when they have a valid way to change things peacefully.

• 9 years ago

many historians give the republican 37th congress real credit for creating a 2nd Revolution.

the 37th Congress completely changed this country, our Founding Fathers would not recognize this country after they finished doing their job.

http://books.google.com/books?id=BZIftd0Ip0IC&pg=P...

...this Congress "drafted the blueprint for modern America"

• 9 years ago

If such a war were to occur, it would be the 2nd Civil War. And, yes, by god, it might. The neo-cons are unAmerican rightists and I'd pick up a rifle to oust them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Stick around a couple years.

We're on the edge now.

• Ron R
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

lol...the revolution was fought against a military that was over seas....remember?.....the US military is not exactly the same thing to have a revolution against.....

• 9 years ago

There already was. Civil War.

And by the by -- if there was EVER call for another revolution, it was under the Bush Regime. duh

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.