Keep in contact with step kids after divorce?

Me and my husband divorced because he had an affair. A month later he was thrown in jail because he started to sale drugs...to this day I have no clue why since he had a great job. Anyways, he had to children from a previous relationship when we met. However, the son is headed down the same path as his father now... show more Me and my husband divorced because he had an affair. A month later he was thrown in jail because he started to sale drugs...to this day I have no clue why since he had a great job. Anyways, he had to children from a previous relationship when we met. However, the son is headed down the same path as his father now and the daughter is too. I had a daughter of my own during the marriage so these kids are my daughters half brother and sister.

A little history. The boy was TERRIBLE. I would constantly up at his school, taking him to counseling, loving him, guiding him, supporting him, you name it I did it...alone. The daughters mother was a MONSTER. She would drop her daughter off and not pick her up for days sometimes even a month. I developed health issues and regardless the child was dropped off. No matter how much I protested and even locked the door, she had court ordered visitations that gave her permission to drop the child off. Everyone was aware that I was the SOLE caregiver of these children. The father barely spoke to them. In between it all the children would constantly do the "You're not my real mommy". It was so hard on me and heartbreaking. In between all that I got pregnant. Despite my shock and fear (I did not want children and was on the pill for 12 years and NEVER missed one. Dr said my body was "just ready" what ever that means), I decided to keep my baby...SO HAPPY I DID.

Now to the present. The father wants to keep in contact from jail with my daughter through me. He wants to send pictures, talk to her on the phone, and asked me to take her to visit him...YEAH RIGHT LOL!!! Granted he barely held her or spent anytime with her at all. The mother of the "problem kids" want to continue to drop the kids off to me because she wants the kids to be close. However, she never showed any interest in my child at all while the father was free. I mean she's never held her, bought her a gift, I've never heard her call her anything other than "your guys daughter". His family is bugging me about seeing my child, they had nothing to do with her while we were together either. This whole thing seems odd and I just want to put all that pain behind me and move on away from the horrible people who were involved (most are criminals, drug addicts, or abusive in one way or another to their spouses or children). I just need reassurance that I am doing the right thing in separating from EVERYONE involved and moving on with my daughter in a safe and loving environment. She's only 2 and even when I showed her a picture of her dad she did not know who he was. She does not want to be around any of them and is growing up so happy without any of them. What would you do?