Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I really like this guy from Africa (I'm white, he's black), but he says he doesn't like to date white girls?

I feel hurt cause I really like him a lot and we have been friends for a long while. What can I do to change his mind.

I guess physical appearance is subjective, but I don't think I'm ugly. I used to do modelling for tv commercials, so I am not grotesque.

Favorite Answer

There are several reasons he probably doesn't like to date white girls. He simply might not be attracted to white girls (or just you in particular). He could be afraid of the culture shock. MOST LIKELY, however, he probably would receive too much grief from other black people. It's more difficult for blacks than whites because his family and friends will give him more grief than yours will because it's generally taboo for white people to be openly racist (white people are just as racist without realizing it). His black friends and family will tease the both of you, simply because you are being true to yourself and each other in admitting you have feeling for each other. Your white friends will be cruel as well, just in a different way. They will make jokes, "She likes the big black d***!" or "Does his junk taste like watermelon?" They will make a joke out of your relationship because they see black people as different; as subhuman.

Listen, I'm seriously, seriously proud of you for stepping outside the norms. You seem to genuinely like this man because he's a man and not because he's a black man. However, people will not accept your relationship because the first thing they'll see is the color difference, and make judgements about your relationship based on that. They will fail to see two people who simply love each other. This is why interracial couples can only exist between extremely strong, open people. You really don't know what you're getting into if you want to be with this guy.

Anyway, we're trying to score your crush here, so let's get back on point. First answer the question: do you still want this guy after the information I've given you? If so, you will have to fight to get him to step past these bounds. You have to step up your game. You have to prove that the love you offer will outweigh the abuse. If he's not willing, then don't be mad at him or yourself. Be mad at society's subtle racism and try to make people aware of the way things truly are.

maybe because he doesn't want to be in an interracial relationship. There could be tension between your family and his family, it doesn't mean he's racist. When I say tension, I mean, his family might want him to be in a relationship with the same race, Africans, have different (good, very good) traditions, than white, or any American or race. Your family may want you to be with the same race too! You won't be judged as much (if you care or not) and it's just better. Like one answer said about fear and rejection, his parents may not like you. If he doesn't want to be with you, sorry for your disappointment

• ?

You cant change the prejudice he has in his heart against dating Whites. Leave it alone. Find somebody who appreciates you for who you are

Ask him why he wouldn't date white girls, and prove his answer wrong. Maybe you should find someone else to date because it probably wont work out if he's not comfortable with something as irrelevant as the color of your skin.

dont fight for something hes not interested in..if he cant see beyond skin colour then he is not worth it...forget him and find someone else who doesnt care about skin colour..if you were a model im sure plenty of men will snap you up....

perhaps he's afraid of what others might think of him or fear of rejection from his parents? i know this sounds stupid but are you ugly? i ask this because the reason he gave you might not be the real reason.

HEY !!

I think I KNOW him !! I know an African guy that tells all White girls the same thing !!

If THIS the playboy ????

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvVRZ4xk1...

he's racist, don't waste your time with him, it's hard and it sucks, but i think that's what you need to do