Has anyone else received a congratulations notice from Yahoo Promotions UK claiming they are the winner?

Supposedly winner of one million British pounds as part of Yahoo's "Thanks for contributing to our financial Success" promotional program.

Best Answer

Sorry friend but there is no Microsoft, Yahoo or other e-mail lottery, it's a scam do not answer do not give personal information.

the iinternet is safe enough if you are careful but please answer nothing that you are doubtful about.Good Luck and be careful

Scam!!!!! That message is both a fake and an outright fraud. Don't contact the phishers and give them any of your personal information at all. If that involves money for insurance or fees, don't give them not one cent of it. Spam that scam message straight into oblivion right away. This is one lottery you'll never win because it's "bogus."

Another thing, the phishers telling you to "keep this lottery information confidential" would indicate to you not to say anything about this to anybody until they have finished scamming you.

It is a scam. It's a fraudulent lottery version of advance fee fraud. The scammer who sent you the email will ask you to pay fees in advance of receiving your supposed prize, which doesn't exist. Don't respond to it. Just delete it or post it on an anti scam site. You can read more about this type of lottery scam here: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1...

Source(s): ScamWarners.com

Yes, it is this kind of notice that I just love, I was deleting them a lot , but then I started to delete then and send them to the trash and then reopen them. and I feel them with my best information in out Native language, (One of the american Indian language, and then I go on and on and on with all kinds of mis-information that will surely excite them (WHOEVER) with all of my personal information where to send the check or if they want me to fly there to meet with them. and I would be so good to them that i would give them half of what I would get. and then after a long long letter I would continue with, Now If you would please forward me $50,000.00 I will tell you that I knew there was an idiot from the UK and I am now answering his letter that indicated I won something and then I just Hit SEND and then just mark it spam ! and I never hear from the same one twice. I just think it's COOL

Source(s): Common Sense

No I tend to not get these scam e-mails because I have my Spam filter pretty well trained by now.

Those cheapskates! Only £1000000? Clay [see previous question] just got offered £1000500.

• Janez

It is a scam. Do not respond.

J