Who controls nuclear weapons?
This is for a Lincoln Douglas Debate.
Basically, what I am asking is:
- Who makes all these nuclear weapons?
-Is it just the United States & a few other countries that are allowed to?
-Or, can anyone go make nuclear weapons if they felt like it?
-Since the United States sells nuclear weapons to other countries, can't those countries turn around and use them against us?
- ^ why or why not? Are there rules against using weapons on certain countries?
- ^ if so, who comes up with these?
- Where are nuclear weapons kept and made?
- 9 years agoFavorite Answer
Only few powerful countries, mainly permanent-members of UN and other few countries are allowed to make nuclear weapons according to the UN charter. However, some countries did manage, have managed, or will manage to make such weapons despite UN interdiction, countries like Israel, India, Pakistan etc. Iran is on the verge to make weapons of mass destruction but it is under international pressure
- 9 years ago
the elite who control the fed
- Anonymous9 years ago