External Hard Drive between Mac and PC?

I'm sure this has been asked in other places, but I haven't really been able to find an answer. My friend has a Mac, I have a PC, and we're trying to use her Toshiba external hard drive to transfer movies back and forth. When we plugged it in, my computer recognized that it was connected, and when I... show more I'm sure this has been asked in other places, but I haven't really been able to find an answer.
My friend has a Mac, I have a PC, and we're trying to use her Toshiba external hard drive to transfer movies back and forth. When we plugged it in, my computer recognized that it was connected, and when I opened up the "Stop Device" window, it was listed there, but it wasn't accessible in My Computer. The best that we could come up with was that maybe Apple puts a protection on the stored files. I'm sure that it's something like that, but if anyone knows any way that I would be able to access it, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
1 answer 1