Thoughts On The Movie The Exorcist?

what do you think about the old movie the exorcist?

Best Answer

weel, it terrifys me. i think it is shocking and scary. there are a couple of scenes in it, they are like subliminal messages, where this big black devil face appears on the screen. you have to know when to look for them and once you see it, you know what you are looking for. it is one of the creepiest things ive ever seen! also, linda blair had to be institutionalized from making this movie, considering she was only 12. i would not have let my kid do this role!

• Liana

The movie was fictional but some of it was based upon some real events not with a girl being possessed but a boy who was possessed in which a Priest had preformed an exorcism. I can say however from reading the testimony of a Catholic Priest Exorcist he stated the the ritual used during the movie The Exorcist was authentic in being the Roman Ritual used for exorcisms. The other thing which people don' know the author who is a Catholic himself never intended the book to be a horror novel it was suppose to be a detective mystery novel. When his book was released it was classified as being a horror novel.

Firstly, it's not an old movie - Gone With The Wind is an old movie. So is Stagecoach.

The author of the book and I went to Jesuits schools, though not together, but we both read from a book called "Satan, Begone!" which are the memoirs of a real-life exorcist from the Catholic Church. Many of the episodes from that book made it into "The Exorcist" such as the speaking in backwards Latin, and the naming of ancient demons. I was ready for the movie,, then, as I had read the memoirs, and Mr. Blatty's novel from which the movie was adapted.

Considering the hype I was expecting a lot more than what I got, I suppose it's due to the time it was made but it didn't seem scary in the slightest and yet is referred to as the scariest movie ever made by still quite a lot of people...

I, personally, found it a little ridiculous and overly over-rated.

There wasn't really a good plot, it was just the same thing that just didn't end for ages!

I found the acting to be pretty good and I did like the devil's reasonable voice but it just didn't do it for me, really.

There wasn't a single scary thing that happened.

I think the film was just designed to shock people, because that's the response I had.

It was really shocking at some points but overall, I found it to be rather dull.

One of my favorite classic horrors (behind The Shining and Psycho). I have the director's cut which has some freaky scenes in it, particularly where the devil's head pops up at random throughout the film...freaks me out every time.

Its a good movie with horror effects and i think there should be an another flick like exorcism .

I like it. Its not jump outta your seat scary but i just enjoy thinking about how scary it must have been at the time it came out. My mom refuses to watch it lol