Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 9 years ago

Visiting West Virginia, good idea or no?

Me and a few friends are thinking about taking a road trip to West Virginia (we live in NYC). My fiance told me he doesn't mind if I go on a trip, but he's not comfortable about me going to W.V. He's heard that there are a lot of rednecks and druggies there. I was just curious if it's true. Have any of you visited there before, what do you think of the state? I appreciate any information you guys give me. Thanks!

by the way, we will be going to the rural (countryside) parts.

Favorite Answer

Oh come on!! You've got to be kidding me, right! West Virginia is a great place to visit and there aren't rednecks and druggies on every street corner just waiting for tourists from NYC!

Our family goes to WV to go skiing and white water rafting every year and we have a great time. West Virginia is an incredibly beautiful state with a lot going for it. Of course ever state has it's "bad" parts but those are few and far between!. Enjoy your trip and tell your fiance he needs to become a little more worldly and see the rest of our country other than NYC. I mean we hear that NYC is a horrible place to visit because the people are loud mouth jerks, the gangs are really bad, blah, blah, blah. I have been to NYC and I know better but this is what I'm talking about.

Go to WV and have fun!!

Source(s): mmai