Planning a Florida beach wedding?

I was wondering if anyone could help me, I am wanting to plan my own wedding on the beach in Panama City or PCB but I have no clue how to get started. Does anyone have any suggestions for particular beaches or how to even get started? Since I'm doing this myself I really don't want any links to wedding planners or any other website like that. I want to find the perfect beach and reserve it and everything myself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Also, we are open to the idea of renting out a restaurant or something that is on the beach and having the reception there. I thought this would be a good way to compound reservation costs so that we are not renting a beach and then a separate reception site.

Favorite Answer

A wedding set on a beach in Florida is a very romantic place for your wedding ceremony. One you will surely remember fondly for many years to come. Although a beach is a great place to get married, there are several factors you will need to consider in your plans.

1) Choose the correct coast for your wedding. You will first want to decide whether you prefer a sunset or a sunrise wedding. If you decide to get married during sunrise, you will want to choose a beach on the East coast of Florida. If you decide to get married during sunset, choose a beach on the West coast of Florida. This will ensure that you will have visibility to the sunrise or sunset.

2) Choose a secluded beach. Since all Florida beaches are public beaches, you will not be able to ask people to leave a beach. Finding a secluded, lesser-known beach will allow you more privacy for your wedding ceremony. The southwest parts of Florida, such as the Naples and Fort Myers areas have beautiful, secluded beaches that are ideal for a sunset wedding. An experienced wedding planner can help you choose a perfect location for your wedding.

3) Plan transportation for the wedding party and guests. The more secluded beach locations may only have a few parking spaces. This can be a major issue if you have many guests attending your wedding. Consider getting a shuttle or trolley to take you and your guests to and from your beach wedding location.

4) Choose the time of year for your Naples beach wedding. The best time of year for a beach wedding in Florida is between October and December or April through early June. This is when the weather is the nicest, prices for travelling are reasonable, and there are less people around. Many people migrate south to Florida for the winter, so the busiest time is between January and March. Hurricane season is June through October, with the most active tropical storms occurring in September. During hurricane season Florida receives a lot of rain and possibly hurricanes. Choosing a time of year when the weather is nice will help make your wedding day go smoothly.

5) Choose a location for your reception. Logistically, it is much easier to have the reception at a separate, non-beach location.

http://www.thunderwave-events.com/2009/12/destinat...

6) Plan for setting up your wedding ceremony. If you do not want to enlist all of the bridesmaids to do set-up, consider hiring a wedding planner. Being able to have access to your bridesmaids for other tasks is much more important than putting them in charge of setting up chairs and decorations for the wedding ceremony.

7) Have a back-up plan! No matter how much planning you do for your wedding, you will not be able to control the weather. It does rain in the "Sunshine State," even when it is not hurricane season. If you are planning a beach wedding, have a back-up location that is indoors, just in case the weather does not cooperate with your original plans.

8) Put your best foot forward. Beaches are full of sand, so appropriate footwear should be worn. Sand is not friendly to high-heeled shoes. On the beach it is best to either go barefoot or wear sandals. Another courtesy for your guests is to set up a place where they can store their shoes once they get to the beach. A fun idea is to set up a foot washing station, so everyone can wash off the sand from their feet after leaving the beach. Your guests will also appreciate a drink station, such as cold bottled water and lemonade. It gets hot in Florida, and people will get thirsty at the wedding ceremony. Finally, do not forget to wear sunscreen!

Beach weddings are affordable. Beach Weddings won't empty your pocket books and are more joyful! At a beach wedding, the focus is on the bridal couple not the hotel and dinner ware. After the wedding, people are at the waterfront, often enjoying a few more days of bliss. The beach is casual, spacious and inviting. Guests can relax and just enjoy your special moment in the open air, moving as they wish without being stuck in their traditional chairs.. Rules are few, rewards plenty. The passing pelican or possible glimpse of dolphins just adds to the delight. It is truly a celebration of life, a threshold crossing, a unity of two people or combined families in the midst of life.

You can have your reception catered right on the beach under the stars or enjoy the amenities of a beach area. The reception can be as simple or as elegant as you wish. If at sunset and depending on time of year, sunset is late in the evening, a cake and champagne ceremony may be all that you need. Cake and Champagne ceremonies are quite popular at the moment. Sometimes but not often, couples add to it a bridal brunch.

• Suz123

You write: Since I'm doing this myself I really don't want any links to wedding planners or any other website like that. I want to find the perfect beach and reserve it and everything myself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I fear that if you do everything yourself . . . well, you may end up paying a whole lot more money than necessary. Now if money is no object . . . if you are not on a tight budget . . . then great! Go ahead and do it all yourself.

But if you do decide you need help? I suggest these folks:

http://barefootweddings.net/packages.html

And they even have a page with links to caterers, a couple of restaurants, and other vendors that you may need:

http://barefootweddings.net/links.html

I just think if one doesn't know what beach permits are needed (if any), then one may need to seek the assistance of a local planner.

• xK

What you should probably do is check out sites to wedding planners in PCB, see where they have the ceremonies, take a look at the photos. This will give you an idea if you can't travel down there yourself. Then contact the state to see if you can get married there and what you need.

(I do know that in Florida all you need is a notary and two witnesses. You don't need a ceremony at all.)

If you want to do it at a restaurant, start calling restaurants that you're interested in. Again, if you don't know any, check travel websites for ones with good reviews, then start looking into which ones offer wedding packages.

Source(s): We're getting married in Hawaii next month and picked a location by photos from a wedding planning site :)

I google Panama beach fl weddings

www.pamanacityweddings.com

They will give you referrals on accommodations, reception venues, catering, Restaurants, Salons, Dj's and others

There are several of these listed

I would call a few and see what or who you like the best

Palm Beach County, Martin County, Broward County, Dade County, Monroe County are perfect beaches and you can book them.