Byrdman asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 9 years ago

Should I accept this trade?

I will receive:

Steven Jackson

Mario Manningham

Aaron Hernandez

I will trade away:

LaDainian Tomlinson

My current TE is Brandon Pettigrew

My current RB's are Ray Rice, DeAngelo Williams, LT, and Pierre Thomas

My current WR's are Randy Moss, Hakeem Nicks, Donald Driver, Steve Smith (Carolina), and Kevin Walter

Best Answer

I wrote this 4x and each time I said do it. I couldnt hit send though because I just couldnt agree with the reasons I was saying.

Pettigrew is getting decent enough points at TE that you dont gain a lot by adding Hernandez, even if Hernandez is really good and is going to get quite a few more looks since the Moss trade happened. Pettigrew 5-12 pts a game, Hern 8-16 pts

Jackson will get LT points as often as LT does, and he plays teams without much defense, and should see more touches since the Clayton injury but adding him wont make or break your season.

Jackson 7-25 LT 7-25

Manningham is better than Walter but I dont have either on any team I have, both are expendable.

0-13 for both if receivers ahead of them get injured.

You also didnt say who you may have to drop to take the unequal trade. Without that information nobody can really tell you. If you are dropping Thomas and Walter, I may do it. You need a 2nd TE, and Hernandez is a really nice TE thats going to be very nice by the end of the year; you wouldnt lose much in terms of points losing LT, and again dropping Walter will never be a bad thing.

TOTALLY do this trade, you will improve at lots of positions, particularly RB and TE. LT riding high right now, and you'll want to get rid of him before the wheels fall off, so to speak. S-Jax is a steady player, and will more than offset the loss of LT. With this trade, you'll have two #1 RBs (Rice and Jackson) and two #1 receivers (Moss and Nicks). Not too shabby.

• Kyle

No you're not really gaining anything with this trade, but you could try to trade LT for a better TE while his trade value is high.

NOOO dont do that trade man, its bad news! Lt will dominate the rest of the season!!!!

What the hell? SJax, Maningham, and AHern for one player not named Chris Johnson? What kind of league is this? I want in...

Yes. Hernandez is doing awesome and your running backs are already good.