Performance boost using Premium grade fuel(93)?

I have a 1989 Honda Civic LX. I know the theory behind fuel grades, how they work and burn. My car had a 10:1 compression ratio, can somebody tell me the truth if it is good to use 93 octane on this compression ratio? Or is it bad for the engine? Because as far as my experience is concern, whenever I use 93... show more I have a 1989 Honda Civic LX. I know the theory behind fuel grades, how they work and burn.

My car had a 10:1 compression ratio, can somebody tell me the truth if it is good to use 93 octane on this compression ratio? Or is it bad for the engine?

Because as far as my experience is concern, whenever I use 93 octane, I felt a difference in performance and power, compared to when I use the regular fuel.

Its just some says, theres no difference, but I am telling you, I can really feel a significant increase in performance when I use the premium grade. I dont know if its because I got an old car, thats why when I use premium I felt a difference, not unlike when its a newer cars, they said they dont feel any difference when using regular to premium.

The car has 160k miles on it 4cyl 1.5L. Please can someone explain why I am getting better performance and MPG using Premium fuel? I mean, the car doesnt knock on regular fuel and premium, its just theres a performance boost when I use the Premium. While others say, there isnt?