What is a good answer for "Purpose of wire" when making international wire transfers?

A few days ago, I had to complete a letter of instruction for international bank wire request to make a withdrawal from my TDAmeritrade accunt to my bank account overseas. On the form, you need to give an answer for "Purpose of Wire". I did not think it was a big deal because I was witdrawing money from my account and requesting it to be deposited to my account overseas. My answer was " to make some purchases". They denied my request because my answer was not good enough, if you can believe that!! What would be a good answer? Thanks in advance.

P.S: amount of the wire is around 13K

Update:

Hello Libby,

I am already being honest.. They know it is my account. Both Sender and Receiver is my name..

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Seeker
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

Just write- Transfer of Personal funds for medical requirement /emergency.

Bank People are usually morons who go by what is written rather than acknowledging that a person can do whatever he wants with his own money.

• 5 years ago

Have you thought about the fact that the reason "Purpose of wire" is required is to combat Anti-Money Laundering activities? Think about it.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

How about being honest and just say you're transferring personal funds to another account that you own?

• deneen
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i've been browsing the internet more than three hours today looking for answers to the same question, and I haven't found any interesting discussion like this. it is pretty worth enough for me.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ann
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The proper answer is a truthful answer.

• 3 years ago

Loads of insightful answers, thanks

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.