Christians please answer this question: Is the Bible really the inerrant word of God?

I recently had a discussion (not an argument) with one of my Christian relatives and she claims the Bible is the inerrant word of God. I'm sure as a believer this sounds great, but..... In Matthew 13:31-31 Jesus says, "The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed... show more I recently had a discussion (not an argument) with one of my Christian relatives and she claims the Bible is the inerrant word of God. I'm sure as a believer this sounds great, but.....

In Matthew 13:31-31 Jesus says, "The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof."

I think it's pretty common knowledge that the mustard seed is definitely not the least of all seeds and when it grows it does not become a tree. If Jesus is one with God (the "creator" of all things) then why couldn't he recall any other smaller seeds? I understand that this story is a parable and is used to explain how faith grows, but that still doesn't explain why Jesus got his facts wrong.

Also, who was Joseph's (Mary's husband) father? Matthew 1:16 clearly states: "And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ" while Luke 3:23 also clearly states: "And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli." So is Joseph's father Jacob or Heli? Both Luke and Matthew have different variations of Jesus' genealogy. If one is correct, then the other has to be wrong, right? Some say that one is of Joseph's lineage while the other is Mary's which would explain the different accounts, but is there any Biblical evidence that can support that claim?

Can you explain this???
---Ezr 2:6 The children of Pahathmoab, of the children of Jeshua and Joab, two thousand eight hundred and twelve.
---Neh 7:11 The children of Pahathmoab, of the children of Jeshua and Joab, two thousand and eight hundred and eighteen.

2812 or 2818.... Which is it?

What about this?
---2 samuel 24:9 And Joab gave up the sum of the number of the people unto the king: and there were in Israel eight hundred thousand ***800,000*** valiant men that drew the sword; and the men of Judah [were] five hundred thousand men. ***500,000***

---1 chronicles 21:5 And Joab gave the sum of the number of the people unto David. And all they of Israel were a thousand thousand and an hundred thousand ***1,100,000*** men that drew sword: and Judah was four hundred threescore and ten thousand ***470,000*** men that drew sword.

So if all scripture is "given by inspiration of God" like it says in 2 Tim 3:16, why don't the genealogies of Jesus add up? Why don't the numbers match? And why doesn't Jesus know anything about mustard seeds?

Requirements for answer: I want to hear YOUR original, Bible based answer. Please do not cut and paste from another website and please do not put in a link to someone else's answer of the questions. I want your explanation.

Thank you!