Can an employer deduct wages from you if you are a 1099 independent contractor?

I work for a company for about 2 years now under the 1099 independent contractor. and for two years the "boss" (if there is one since I am an independent contractor) has been deducting about $270.00 every week ... $170.00 if you didn't make any sales that week... I want know can he legally do that and... show more I work for a company for about 2 years now under the 1099 independent contractor. and for two years the "boss" (if there is one since I am an independent contractor) has been deducting about $270.00 every week ... $170.00 if you didn't make any sales that week... I want know can he legally do that and if we are independent contractors are we suppose to have a work schedule? ( he makes us work 6 days a week about 10 - 12 hours a day) I would like some one to let me know what I can do please because up to date he has deducted about $22,880.00 over the two years. but when I receive my 1099 document it states that he paid me all. I would like to kno if there anyway to get all that money back? who do I talk to and what do I do etc... because if I don't do something now its just gonna continue and he has over 100 other independent contractors under his company and they are all being hit the same way , so any info please reply.