Comcast or AT&T Internet?

Well I`m wondering about these internet plans and which ISP I should get.

I watch a lot of videos and do heavy streaming, and also I download a lot of music/games/apps

Also, I`m wondering about what kind of router I would need to utilize faster speeds, as of right now I`m with AT&T at 1.5 Mbps with a router from like 2000.

Thanks :)

Favorite Answer

I have comcast and pay $20 a month for an advertised 15 mb/s. I get 25 mb/s.

At&t's U-verse highest speed is *UP TOO* (meaning once in a blue moon) 24 mb/s for $65 a month.

After 12 month's comcast's price goes to $42.95, still cheaper than at&t, but you can just call them and threaten to switch to at&t :D and they will give you another 12 months at $20.

As for routers, I have a linksys wrt610n. Companies I recommend: Linksys, Cisco, and Netgear. If you want wireless, go for one that has 802.11N capabilities.

Also, for future-proofing, get one that has 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN for 10 times the ethernet speed's over 10/100 lan, which is probably what your router has.

To take advantage of gigabit lan, you need a gigabit rj-45 port on your pc and CAT5e or greater quality ethernet cable.

Source(s): me

AT&T