Can my Landlord evict me because I pay rent 2 weeks late?

We moved into our current rental in August. Unfortunatly, we had to pay October's rent 10 day's late. I called my Landlord October 1st and informed him that the payment would be late. It was beyond our control. Last night he called me and said that if we wanted to continue to rent from him we would not... show more We moved into our current rental in August. Unfortunatly, we had to pay October's rent 10 day's late. I called my Landlord October 1st and informed him that the payment would be late. It was beyond our control. Last night he called me and said that if we wanted to continue to rent from him we would not be able to pay late again. He said he would evict me and my family if we made a habit of paying late. My question is...If I pay every month, even if 2 weeks late, can he evict me? We have a 12 month lease and it says nothing about this. I included the 35 dollar late fee w/my payment. We do not plan on paying late again but because my husband is commission I really can't say it will Never happen again. Thank you for any advise you can give!
7 answers 7