What does my last name mean?

My last name is Stoiber and all that I know it is of German decent but I am unsure of what it means. The German politician Edmund Stoiber may be related to me or it may not I don't know but it would REALLY help if someone could help me. I will award best answer as soon as I hear a correct answer.

• granny
    Favorite Answer

Stoiber (German/Bavarian)= a derivative of the name Steiber= German (Swabian)

Steiber= metonymic occupational name for a miller, from an agent derivitative of Middle-High-German,

"stouben"= "to whip up dust"

Stieber= (stiuben) means to escape, it was used as a nickname for "a coward/thief"

Source(s): Ask, and you shall receive.

it means taco