Contractions every 10 minutes, should hubby call off work?

For the past 4 hours I've been having painful (but not breathtaking) contractions about every 6-10 minutes (lasting about 20-35 seconds each). Should the hubby call of work today?

P.S. 38 weeks pregnant!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago

warn him of your situation, and maybe wait and see if the contractions get to 5 mins apart for a regular amount of time before asking him home as it could be false labour. Do you have any back ache to go with the contractions? or any other labour symptoms?

Ive had false labour 3 times in this pregnancy (im 40 weeks with my 3rd) and each time contractions have died away again after a few hours.

If it takes your husband less than 30 mins to get home from work, i think you will be ok to leave him there for a while longer just to see if anything progresses in the next hour or 2.

good luck. x

• Joanna
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Her behavior and attitude towards you are one thing, but the written instructions are not written by the nurses themselves, they are standard discharge orders which are pre-formatted by the physicians. So don't take offense to that part of it. There are good nurses and bad nurses, and anytime you have what you perceive to be a "bad" nurse you should speak up. Talk to a charge nurse. Make a complaint with the nurse manager. Ask to have another nurse assigned to you - you have the right to "fire" your nurse if you don't like her for whatever reason. You hold more power than you are aware of. And just to set your mind at east, any hospital is capable of delivering a preterm baby. In your case, at 35 weeks, your baby does not need an NICU, only a Level II nursery, and if it was necessary they are able to transport babies to where they need to be. Good luck!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah i'd call your husband and just dont stress be calm. Ring the hospital to let them know whats happening, they will tell you whether to come up or not. good luck :)

• 1 decade ago

Yeah he should take the day off. Its almost time. Good luck, yay so excited for you

Source(s): 24weeks along
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • V
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Call your husband and go to hospital.

• 1 decade ago

most likely. 38 weeks?? chances are babys commin!!

Source(s): me...a...mother
  • 1 decade ago

i would call your husband :-) how exciting! Good luck hun x

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.