HELP! Contractions every 10 minutes?

For the past 2.5 hours, I've been having back pains and stomach tightening every 10 minutes lasting for about 30 seconds each. The pain is not mentrual type, but its in my lower back, hips, and feels like diahrea pains. I did have a BM twice tonight, the second was much more like diahrrea. Still having the pains about every 10 minutes. Is this the beginning of real labor? Do you think the big day is today??

Also, am I having back labor since the pain is mostly in my back rather than mentrual-type?

Update:

I am 38 weeks pregnant

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago

I've had that a few times this week I'm 37 weeks with my 3rd but its turned out to be false Labour. however if there painful and become unbearable then go in. Your 38 weeks so baby is safe..My friend is having this right now and she's in slow Labour but in hospital. Worth getting checked out if your concerned..

• 1 decade ago

Seems like real labor is coming as you have regular contractions and you're 38 weeks pregnant.

There's nothing better than going to hospital and checking yourself.

If this is real labor then you'll see your little one in a short while!!!

(I'm 32 weeks with my first baby and tired of waiting)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes sounds as though you are in slow labour. keep timing the contractions if they get sooner apart or waters break or any bleeding phone midwife straight away. they say the only thing to deal with the pain in this stage is to take paracetamol and have a warm bath.

congratulations and good luck!

• 1 decade ago

it sounds like labor is starting for you. I would go in and get checked. Back labor hurts like you said. I wish you a fast labor.

Source(s): Mother of 4 children and a angel in heaven.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Congratulation, Dear.

Please go to admit for born a little love it is a last stage of delivery. Please don't stay at home just go right now, please.

Wish U best Of Luck

• -S-
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Today just might be the big day for you!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.