1 asked in SportsWrestling · 9 years ago

What is a heel turn(WWE definition)?

What does it mean when a wrestler turns heel? And what's the difference between turning heel and turning head(or face, I forget which) I've been really confused lately.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

A heel is a bad guy and a face is a good guy. So a heel turn is when a good guy turns bad. A face turn is when a heel (bad guy) turns face (good guy). And a Tweener is a good guy that does bad things and still gets cheered.... examples would be Orton now (although he is leaning towards face), Stone Cold and John Cena in early 2005.

A heel turn is more a quick turn and usually is caused by a wrestler turning on a friend.

A face turn can be either quick or gradual. It depends on the wrestler. In 2004, Orton went from a top heel to the top babyface in week, and that was because he was young/and backstabbed by his own stable.. in 2010 it took them months to turn him from heel to face, because he was so established as a heel (2005-2010) and the other Legacy members obviously didn't have the establishment of Evolution back in the day. The more established a wrestler is as a heel, the slower the face turn usually is. That's why Edge and Orton always appear as tweeners when they're faces. The only wrestlers I know who can go from heel to face instantly are Triple H, HBK and Jericho.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

RE:

What is a heel turn(WWE definition)?

What does it mean when a wrestler turns heel? And what's the difference between turning heel and turning head(or face, I forget which) I've been really confused lately.

Source(s): heel turn wwe definition: https://trimurl.im/j66/what-is-a-heel-turn-wwe-def...
  • ostby
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Turn Definition

• When a wrestler is a good guy and attacks another good guy turns heel(example:Matt Hardy turned heel when he attacked Jeff at Royan Rumble)

Face or babyface is a good guy(Big Show,Cena,Orton...)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

A heel turn is when a face(good guy) turns into a bad guy (heel)

and vice versa

• STAR
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Turning heel means turning into a villian which is the person the crowd hates/boos and face is a good guy a crowd favorite , the crowd cheers for him/her another example John Cena

• Robert
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Heel is the "bad guy" and face, or "baby face" is the "good guy". So a heel turn is when a face wrestler does something to instantly switch over to being a heel wrestler.

• 9 years ago

Heel = evil role

Face = good role

• 9 years ago

yea. heel turn=jeff hardy at bound for glory

face turn=edge last week

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Heel=Villain that the fans boo

Face=Hero that the fans cheer for

Pretty simple to follow.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.