why do a lot of people like listening to techno?

where did techno come from ?

what is the reason it became so dam popular in the last 4 years ??

Favorite Answer

Techno, and I mean actual Techno, began in Detroit, Michigan, way back in the early 80's. Some early artists include Juan Atkins aka Model 500 aka Cybotron and Derrick Carter. You may have heard Cybotron's song "Clear" on GTA4. Techno has been around for about 25 years now and has been rather popular in the underground scene for nearly 20 years.

Raves were the big thing in the early 90's. I went to my first rave in 1996. By rave, I mean that nothing about it was legal. It was in a warehouse. No permits. It only cost $20 to get in. There were 5000 people there. All of whom were dancing. Nobody was posing just because they thought they were cool.

As far as I'm aware, it's still just as "popular" today as it was back in the mid-90's. Electronic dance music(EDM) is certainly more popular in Europe than it is in the US though. Perhaps the rise in popularity you are seeing is the result of friends who have travelled overseas and experienced that EDM culture.

Source(s): Been there, done that, now I DJ on occassion, vinyl record collection with over 1100 records, a digital library of dance music that takes up about 100 GBs of hard drive space. I love listening to EDM. I hate 99% of Trance music. Favorite tune of the moment (10/12/10) - Jody Wisternoff (Way Out West) - No Longer Strangers (Original Mix) [Anjunadeep] Yes, I know it's Trance. It's part of that 1%. :) PLUR, WTF is that? Ask Frankie Bones.