Apartment Parking Lot Laws in Oregon State?

I was just notified that after 2 full months of living in my apartment (Oregon) that there will not be any visitors spots as the state law states that the complex must mark the visitors spots with signs. I was not told this at the time that I moved in, actually I was told that there was plenty of parking and that I didn't have to worry about having people over. My complex appears to be too cheap to put the signs up.

I have two cars, one can go in my spot the other can go in a spot marked for residences (open spots with a tag) any people that want to visit have to park on the street where there are maybe 10 spots. Its on the same street as a church so there is no way that we can get parking on Sundays.

How do I find out info about this "law" that states this? I need help. I am so livid about all of this. I feel I cant have people over unless I go out and find a spot for my second car.

I also have to go in and sign a new page in my lease that I understand this.

So my lease can be changed? If this law went into effect in January and I moved in, in August. Shouldnt my lease reflect the law?

My lease states that I have an assigned spot and that all visitors must be parking in spots that have a "V". This page is signed by me and by the landlord.

I have looked all through my lease and I can not find a place where the landlord can change the lease after it is signed.

Favorite Answer

The apartment complex doesn't have to designate visitors' spots, plain and simple. It's their parking lot, they decide how to organize it and who can cannot park there. What you were told is irrelevant if it's not written into the lease you signed.

Added~

Yes, your lease states that visitors can only park with signs that have a 'V'. That's not a promise that those signs will actually be there. The complex is not putting those signs up, and as such there is no visitor parking.

Oregon Parking Laws

What are the rules regarding tenants that have no car to park in their assigned parking? We have a 4plex that has 1 spot per tenant in a 2BR, 2 spots for 3BR and 1 visitor. The tenants in the other Two 2BR units don't have cars(1 for over 3yrs, the other roughly 1yr) and their visitors all park in the visitor spot 95% of the time and 5% in their spots. I'm wondering if there's any rules/laws that reflect that if you have no vehicle anyone can park there. We have 2 cars and a motorcycle, we have offered to pay a monthly fee($25) to the tenant for us to park either our other car or the motorcycle. I really feel unsafe parking the motorcycle on the street. The other car is a POS and nothing really to steal or damage. The apartment management won't work with us and allow us to park the motorcycle in any of the open spots or on any paved spots near our apartment, or park our motorcycle behind our car in our assigned spot. (which there is PLENTY of room)..stating "1 vehicle per spot!" They have said that we can park it on our paved, fenced and gated back patio, BUT we have no easy access to our patio gate....their vehicle blocks our gate!! We have treid to work with the management and tenants and keep getting rejected, I want to know what rights we have to park in the vacant spots.

It doesn't make any difference if this law exists or doesn't exist. If your complex has decided to NOT provide visitor spots, then there aren't any visitor spots. It's that simple. There is NO requirement for your complex to provide any spots for visitors. You can still have people over. They simply need to find parking elsewhere.

• egbe

What are the regulations related to tenants that have no automobile to park of their assigned parking? we've a 4plex that has a million spot consistent with tenant in a 2BR, 2 spots for 3BR and a million vacationer. The tenants interior of the different 2 2BR instruments would not have automobiles(a million for over 3yrs, the choice form of 1yr) and their visitors all park interior the vacationer spot 95% of the time and 5% of their spots. i'm questioning if there could be any regulations/rules that replicate that in case you have no longer have been given any automobile absolutely everyone can park there. we've 2 automobiles and a bike, we've offered to pay a month-to-month fee($25) to the tenant for us to park the two our different automobile or the motorcycle. I particularly experience risky parking the motorcycle on the line. the choice automobile is a POS and not something particularly to thieve or injury. The condominium administration won't paintings with us and enable us to park the motorcycle in any of the open spots or on any paved spots close to our condominium, or park our motorcycle at the back of our automobile in our assigned spot. (which there is relatively some room)..keeping "a million automobile consistent with spot!" they have have been given pronounced that we are able to park it on our paved, fenced and gated lower back patio, yet we've not have been given any reachable get entry to to our patio gate....Their automobile blocks our gate!! we've treid to paintings with the administration and tenants and shop getting rejected, i ought to understand what rights we ought to park interior the vacant spots.

Contact a real estate lawyer in your area. Ask if they have free consultations. They would know better than anyone.

Laws may vary from state to state.