What's the best smoothie blender?

What's the best blender?

I'm looking for a personal blender I can use to make smoothies. It should be able to crush ice cubes. It needs to be dishwasher safe. (I don't hand wash.)

I don't care if it comes with 'cups' I do care that it doesn't have that little nozzle that a lot of smoothie blenders have because those things are too hard to clean. I can always poor the smoothie into a cup.

I've heard a lot of lot of those personal blenders leak, so I don't want that.

What brand or type of model should I be looking for?

Best Answer

I own a Vitamix 5200 and a Blendtec Easy Blender, two models that are normally considered to be among the best and most robust high-power blenders on the market (I am a heavy user - one for home, one for the office).

Both have their pros and cons. While the power on both and the noise levels they produce (don't use them at night if you live in a flatblock) are nearly identical, the main difference is that the Vita-Mix is a fully manual model with a dial that allows you to set the speed of the blender. You turn it on, set the speed and turn it off again. This is great if you want to use it for cooking, e.g. making soup or pasta sauce, peanut butter and so on.

The Blendtec on the other hand has 5 pre-programmable keys. If you push a key, a programmed blend cycle is executed. You can select the 5 you use from 30 pre-programmed blend cycles, e.g. a short cycle for a small smoothis that would, e.g. blent 5 seconds at low speed, then 10 seconds at medium and 10 more seconds at highest setting, and then turn off the blender. This is quite versatile if you only want to use it for making smoothies. Even more so if you work at a Starbucks and want to make a frappucino or smoothie, you just add the ingredients and push the button, the rest happens automatically. The Blendtec also has a cycle counter that tells you how many blend cycles the machine already has performed. This is very helpful should you decide to sell the blender after some time or if you want to buy a used one - then you know whether it has been heavy used or not.

Both blenders do not have nozzles - the vita-mix has a small spout, the blendtec has a rectangular cross-section and you pour out of one of the corners, and they also do not leak - the lids are pretty tight. However, it is possible that when you turn them on a little drop of liquid comes out on the top, as they are not completely airtight.

One advantage that is often touted to sell those rather pricey blenders (about 400$ new) is that their sheer power (28,000 rpm) 'pulverizes' the fruit that you want to blend and breaks it up into the smallest possible molecules, thus releasing all the vitamins and important ingredients. However, whether this is marketing lore or proven fact I can not tell you - it sounds logical to me, however.

Hope that helps a bit...

Source(s): Own Vita-Mix and Blendtec

Any blender will mix fruit and vegetables together to make a smoothie. However, choosing the best blender will result in enjoying the best smoothies. Top-of-the-line blenders include the ever popular Vita-Mix and Blendtec brands, but if you don’t have a few hundred dollars to spend, a decent mid-range blender in the $50-120 range should work just fine.

Some blenders have multiple attachments for different functions. You might have to change an attachment to whip cream or chop herbs. Make sure that if you needed these functions, the attachments are easy to detach and replace. Discount Juicers provide the best reviews for juicers and blenders. Evaluate the difficulty of fitting another attachment. Also check if the attachments have sensitive parts that may break if it is improperly attached. Some blenders also have an ice button which will be perfect if you need to crush ice. Also, there are blenders that have a small opening at the top to allow you to add small amounts of ingredients while blending.

jacklalanne powerjuicer stainlesssteel

juicers are better than smoothie blenders so ya

if you have the money vita-mixer is wonderful for 500)+ dollars

if you are making a simple non frozen or hard fiber smoothie the oster or osterizer either one is really good for a motor and will not bind down so quick. and is less than $50.00.

I got a reconditioned Blendtec that's actually new and it costs less than $300 right from the blendtec people, you can see it here, the one at about $275

http://health.guidearticles.com/go.php?id=Blendtec

the best smoothie blender is one that blends smoothies :)