My dad's friend kissed me and I kind of liked it? Does it seem as if he likes me? Please help!?

I'm in quite a bizarre situation where I think I might be in love with my dad's friend. This has never happened to me before and generally I don't find older men attractive, well, certainly not ones that are close to my father's age, but he struck as me so familiar at one point and I was wondering who he reminded me of and realized he looks abit like the main actor out of the TV show '24' and now my mind is just completely boggled.

I know it's most likely completely wrong but I really like him all of a sudden. He's a close family friend and I know it would be irresponcible for anything to happen, but I am so confused right now! Whenever he comes over to visit, he is always just really funny and just has the most quirkiest sense of humour imaginable.

I seem to get along with him really well and he always has the most interesting things to say. We even sneak out for a few cigarettes together (my mom knows I smoke, but my dad doesn't so I'm kind of a closet smoker at the moment and he hasn't told my dad either).. Once I joked around, asking why if he's only 40, he wasn't married or had a girlfriend, and he said that after past dissapointments he doesn't feel he should be in a relationship which kind of made me think 'well damn'.

Well last night I was really upset because my boyfriend of two years split up with me and he came into my room and asked if I was okay, which I thought was very sweet. I told him that my boyfriend broke up with me and he said that I shouldn't worry, I have my whole life ahead of me, and that I'm a gorgeous girl with amazing potential in life, then he kissed me on the head before he went back out and I was literally dying inside.

But I really think I need to stop all of this but I don't know how to. How can you stop liking someone or will your mind to forget about them? At times I think that there's nothing wrong by liking him because I'm past the legal age and other times it's like 'just don't go there you idiot.' How can I get over him kind of or would it be really awkward if I admitted this to him? Do you think that there would definitely be no potential between us?

I'm 22 this year and hes fourty. I guess there is quite a big age difference sadly.

Best Answer

In my opinion you feel that you like him because he came to you at a time when you most needed it when no one else wouldn't. Your were upset and crying and kind of reboundish and he was like your knight in shining armor. Don't jump to liking him so quick. If you were to get a new boyfriend you would forget about your dad's friend. It is basically all the times you spent together and him kissing you on the forehead made your emotions swell up inside. He cares about you and you would be destroying your friendship with him and your dad's relationship if you two date. Also you are so young and have your whole life ahead off you an older man would hold you back. To get over him you must first control your emotions clear your head and get over your old boyfriend who is a douche bag for living you cause you sound like a nice girl. Second, avoid your dad's friend hang out with your girlfriends and have fun. Third don't tell him how you feel. Fourth, maintain a non-attraction relationship with him it will help you in the future. And finally accept yourself and be happy. There is too much sad people in the world. Well good luck I hope you take my advice and again be happy and independent.

Also one day tell your dad about your smoking habit it would be better if you told him yourself.

Also I think it would be better to not cross that line there will be broken hearts in the future.

Good Luck.

Source(s): My strong independent mind and senses. lol

There are many couples with large age differences and happy lives. Age is a factor that needs consideration but is not the greatest limiting factor.

I know many couples happy together with age differences between 9 and 20 years.

What your father thinks is maybe the most important issue.

Can you walk down the street together and feel good?

Can you tell your dad about it confidently?

Maybe you should start by asking your dad what he thinks of him as a person.

You may find out things you don't like, or not!

I think you are on the rebound because of your bf break up. You are vulnerable right now because you are used to being with someone. I was attracted to one of my dad's friends, but I never acted on it. That would have been so weird. Too much of an age gap for the two of you. He probably isn't bf material because of how he commented on himself. Find someone closer to your age because you will have more in common.

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT ******* GO THERE!!! IF YOU AND HE BEGIN TO HAVE A "THING" YOUR DAD IS LITERALLY GOING TO GRAB A KNIFE AND STICK IT UP HIS ***-HOLE. IF MY BEST FRIEND WERE IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH MY FUTURE DAUGHTER, I WOULD RUN HIM OVER WITH A TOW TRUCK AND BLAME IT ON HER AS A PUNISHMENT. BELIEVE ME, YOU DO NOT WANT THIS KIND OF **** STARTING, IT'LL JUST LEAD TO NO GOOD. NEXT TIME YOU SEE HIM JUST IMAGINE IF YOU DID HAVE A RELATIONSHIP, HOW IT WILL RESULT WHEN YOUR IN YOUR 40s AND HES IN HIS 60s.

Source(s): Common sense
  • No!!!! Stay away from this man. You'll get over this infatuation. Just give it time. He shouldn't be leading you on. It says a lot about his character by behaving this way towards his friends daughter.

I don't recall you mentioning if you are of legal age or not..

If you are under 18 then please, PLEASE do not think anything will happen. I'm sure he doesn't wanna go to jail.

If you are over 18 then I think you should just wait and see how it goes. I don't think your dad would be too happy about it.

It sounds like he was being kind. However, I would be very cautious in crossing that line since he's your father's friend..

No, madam. Find a guy your own age. And, how old are you? If you're under 18, it's also highly illegal.

• hmm....you need to gt=et over him. thats kind of weird. im sorry

That sounds pretty fu**ed.