Why can't I find any girls names that I love?

We really want a girl, but the funny thing is that we've come up with 2 boys names that absolutely love, and hardly any girls names! We've narrowed it down to a few girls names, but even our top choices there don't hit me as "awesome!" like our boys names do.

Finding names in itself is hard because I have a few ground rules: no ending in S, no ending with an E-sound, no naming after people (atleast on purpose :o), and not outrageously popular!

The first two rules apply because of our last name: our first name starts with CO- and I don't want it to sound like "sco" when they say their name (i.e. Alice becomes Ali-sco---), and the name ends with an I (the 'ee' sound), and I don't want some iambic pentameter sounding name: __-ee __-ee.

One of my favorite girls names is Rachel. It's one of the few names that sounds great with our last name that isn't already taken in my husband's family, but rule #3 applies in MY family...my step-sister named her 2nd daughter Rachel. I don't socialize with my dad, and therefore I don't socialize with my stepmom or my stepsister anymore, but I keep thinking about the future and I don't want them to think I named our child after hers or "stole" their name!

I loved Emma too, but that broke #4. And normally, I wouldn't care about popularity, but Emma seems to be outrageously popular (statistics said MORE than 50% of the girls born last year and this year were named Emma!). I had 8 Valerie's in my class growing up, and that was ridiculous. I don't want to do that to me kid.

I've tried searching through regular baby name sites, I looked at some sort of social security website that let you pick any year in the last 200 years and see the most popular names, I've even looked up foreign names (England, French, Italian, Mexican, and Greek), and nothing hits me as fabulous like my boys names do.

Do I just have to settle with one and let it grow on me, or do I just have to keep searching?

(BTW, we're not going to find out what gender the baby is until it's born...we want it to be a surprise :o)

LOL, we thought about that too Ms. Right!

Favorite Answer

Bella

Abigail

Summer

Olivia

Kianna

Scarlett Grace: Love Annabelle faith: Love Mia Isabella: Hate Renee Morgan: Love Evangeline Mae: Love Hollie: Love fantastic 3: Evangeline Mae, Hollie, and Scarlett faith. In that order! ideas: Hollie Emma Hollie Isabella Hollie Madison Hollie Ava Hollie Olivia Hollie Elizabeth Scarlett Chloe Scarlett Samantha Scarlett Addison Annabelle Amelia Renee Alexis Renee Alyssa Renee Hannah Renee Ashley Renee Sarah Evangeline Grace Evangeline Taylor Evangeline Brianna Evangeline Anna

• C.A.L

I really like the name Emma too, but I agree it is a very popular name! I'd keep on searching for the perfect name.

Heres a few suggestions, I'm not sure if they help but its worth a try:

Shyelle

Rayanne

Raelynn

Eva

Ava

Aurora (I love the nickname Rori for this name)

Skyla

Amy

Raya

Good luck on your name search!!

I have the same problem. I have three boys names that I have loved forever, but my girl's list changes all the time! Find the one girl's name that stands out to you the most, the one that you keep going back to, and stick with it. What helps me find a name is jotting down everything I associate it with. Like, personality, looks, objects. Sometimes it can help!(;

I'm sure if you keep searching you'll find something you'll love. But if you don't, then don't worry. I'm sure when you look into your babies eyes you'll know what name suits her/him.

How about Neveah, Rose, Violet, Jenna, Maddeline, Alicia.

Or as you liked Emma, how about changing it slightly. How about Emilia? or Rachelle instead of Rachel.

Congrats on the baby and hope you find the perfect name x

A few of my faves:

Alyssa

Giana (italian) pronounced Gee-ah-nuh or like Tiana from Princess and Frog movie.

Sophia

Idk..but you will eventually find one that makes you say WOW..don't settle you have plenty of time!!! Good luck!!

Harriet

Lillith

Haven

Pearl

Elanor

Kyrielle

Corrine

Just thinking out loud here:

Graceselle

Caryelle

Just find one that holds something special to you

Maybe you're having a boy and your body already knows that.

look around yahoo answers at people's suggestions. you might get a great idea from some one else!