Couple of questions about the Spanish language?

Does the Spanish language have articles, like masculine, feminine, neuter, etc?

For example; Der, Die, Das (German), Ein, Eine, Einen, etc.

Is Spanish like that? Does it have genders?

I know this may sound like a silly question, but I know nothing about the Spanish language and I want to start learning it, and I was wondering weather it had genders or not :P

thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

Yes, there are.

Masculine: el (singular), los (plural)

Feminine: la (singular), las (plural).

There's only a neuter article: lo

Yes, it has got genders.

Source(s): I'm spanish.

It's not a silly question at all, and the answer for ur question is YES, Spanish has masculine, feminine and neuter articles as well as French does. If you ever have the chance to study Spanish abroad (Spain or Latinamerica) dont think it twice and just take it. If i had to choose an accent, I think Mexican Spanish is way the best .... I'm not Mexican btw ... their pronunciation is so clear and easy to understand ... other spanish accents tend to drop some sounds which make the things a bit hard to get them ... Spanish from Spain ... no comments :P

• huxman

...and yet lots of CEOs have additionally been thrown in reformatory... The f-word is a vulgar term for intercourse. It does now no longer mean making love, notwithstanding is a greater degrading term for the act of intercourse. that is better like intercourse with out love. To f- all and sundry is to have intercourse with a guy or lady, then toss than guy or lady aside as though they have been no better than the day past to this's rubbish. If anybody must be dealt with as equals, then noone ought to ever be degraded in this suggests. effective, I swear many circumstances, notwithstanding now no longer anybody likes such vulgar language. I come across people have their very own comments and that they have got the the superb option to voice them, notwithstanding they see fit. I additionally come across that now no longer anybody is of the comparable opinion. some people hate the word, others do no longer care. whether a word is appropriate or now no longer is carefully the opinion of people, so as which you will say a word is unacceptable to be utilized in society isn't thoroughly the superb option. Society is created from individuals and each character could have their very own opinion as to what's appropriate. I isn't a question of 'conserving the destructive down'. people can come to a call upon whether or no longer or to no longer use the f-word. additionally, the international won't fall into revolution over a life like word. How can the making use of or now no longer making use of a word objective a guy or lady to be located down by way of way of society? It are no longer able to particularly.

Yes, Spanish has masculine and feminine articles, which have a singular and a plural form. Spanish has no neuter.

• Kilroy

yeah as youve been told we do have genders, but nowhere near as hard as yours.. (i assume you´re german) for instance most femenine words end with an a and most masculine words end with an o and we don´t have declinations either.. and the plurals only add an s, honestly next to German for an English speaker it´s a piece of cake.

Yes.

The singular feminine article is la, the plural feminine article is las, the singular masculine article is el, and the plural masculine article is los.

• granny

Yes, Spanish has femenine, and masculine articles.

When we say "aprendemos" , "we learn", that will be neutral, but it is not an article.

Your question is not silly, no one knows everything about anything.

• OJELA

Masc = EL (El avión the airplane)

FEm = LA (La casa, the house)

No neuter.

PLurals: Masc: LOS aviones

fem: LAS casas

Source(s): Me. NSS

silly question