Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 9 years ago

Blonde Hair Guy & Brunette Girl = Baby hair color?

Ok so lets say the mother has medium to dark brown hair, fair skin and light brown eyes.

The father has blonde hair, blue eyes and fair skin.

What is the likeliness of the baby being a blonde hair blue eyed baby?

Favorite Answer

I have auburn hair and hazel eyes and my husband has dark brown hair and blue eyes. We have a dark blond, green eyed son and a strawberry blond, blue eyed girl. You just never know what you will get, there are too many factors that go into play with heredity to know for sure.

• kbk823

I'm blond with a dark haired husband. We have two blonds- one a very light almost white blond, the other a bit more honey blond. The third child has light brown hair with red highlights.

Hair color is determined by multiple genes, not just singular ones passed on from each parent. Therefore there can be many different variations of hair color, and it almost doesn't matter what color the parents hair is (my parents are both dark, and had three blonds, one brunette).

Eye color is a bit more singular gene specific. Blue eyes are recessive. For a child to have blue eyes, it would need to inherit a blue gene from each parent. A blue eyed parent can only pass on blue genes, while a brown eyed parent may have brown and/or blue eye genes, and could pass on either.

Brunette Baby Girl

Baby girls take after the father, and boys the mother.

Brown eyes are more dominate than blue eyes.

Chances are if it's a boy it would have brown hair, brown eyes

girl would have blonde hair and brown eyes

BUT there is always that fluky chance blue beats out the brown!

So to answer your question, not extremely likely, because brown eyes are dominate,

BUT it is absolutely possible!

My husband and I are that combo and we have 2 blonds with blue eyes and a dk brown with hazel/green eyes

• Fraser

I had blonde hair, and i died that black and people said i seemed waaay better blonde because black tends to make my face look pail.

brown eyes genes are more dominate over blue. it acturlly goes back to your parents. between u and your partners parents. what they have if out of ur 4 parents there is more blue they will be blue. if 2 or more have brown id say brown.

• Marie

Im BLONDE and i'm no were near being conceited, fake or stupid as you think.....

That depends on whos genes are more dominant.