Anonymous

Why do people keep saying that Zoe Saldana is black when she's really hispanic?

Zoe Saldana's parents are from the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico, which makes her hispanics, since hispanics are people who were born in spanish speaking countries, or are people born of spanish decent.

I have another question regarding hispanics. Does a child who only has one hispanic parent consider themselves hispanic? Kinda like with the Jews: if the mother is Jewish but the father is another race, the child is still considered Jewish, but if the mother is a different race and the father is Jewish the child is not Jewish.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

She is considered Black because her mixed heritage is predominantly Black.

And yes she is Hispanic, but "Hispanic" is not an ethnicity, it's a cultural term (like "Middle-Eastern"), and there are White Hispanics, Native Indian Hispanics, even Asian Hispanics,..

A lot of Hispanics are Black, in Dominican Republic, in Cuba, in Panama,in Colombia,etc.

Anyway, no matter what ethnicity she is, we all know that Zoe is gorgeouz

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why do people keep saying that Zoe Saldana is black when she's really hispanic?

Zoe Saldana's parents are from the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico, which makes her hispanics, since hispanics are people who were born in spanish speaking countries, or are people born of spanish decent.

I have another question regarding hispanics. Does a child who only has one hispanic...

Source(s): people zoe saldana black 39 hispanic: https://tinyurl.im/pUeNu
  • 3 years ago

Zoe Saldana Ethnicity

• 9 years ago

Zoe Saldana IS Black.

Hispanic isn't a race, its an ethnicity based on whether or not someone comes from a Spanish-speaking country. Latin America imported millions of African slaves, and their descendants ARE Black.

Source(s): I'm Dominican, and I'm Black.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lady
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

There are black/mixed with black Puerto Ricans & Dominicans. I still call her Latina, though.

To answer the next question...I don't really know. I had one friend who was half African American and half Puerto Rican, and she went to a high school specifically for Hispanic people. I guess she felt more Puerto Rican.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

I think the important question is why she seems ashame to be called something she obviously is...a biracial woman who has African roots. All African Americans are multiracial, but most of us do not go around with dark skin saying we are NOT black. We say, I have French and Spanish and black, etc. I am a older, black woman who has light skin and hazel eyes, and even to this day people ask about my ethnicity. I know about my Scottish heritage, but I just say I AM black...and I say it with pride. Zoe, do not be ashame of your black genes. Black is STILL beautiful!

• 6 years ago

Simply put, she is a black Latina or Hispanic. Her cultural heritage is Hispanic, which is the same for other Spanish speaking OR LATIN CULTURE HERITAGE born in the USA regardless of the color of their skin. her culture is not African American, it is Latino American. so, she is a black Afro Latina.

• 9 years ago

She is black. A black Hispanic.

• (:
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

she is a black hispanic because hispanic is not a RACE lol

• 9 years ago

She's is black latina/hispanic. Stupid.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.