Should I buy a Toyota Tundra or a Dodge Ram?

Discuss. Personal experiences? Resale value?

Favorite Answer

The Ram is a far better truck. The F150, Silverado, and Sierra are too.

I can't speak for all American Trucks but i can tell you that a Chevy truck is a joke. I have one of them and i am going on my 4th transmission (the 4L60e) and this truck is bad. Right now i have to redo all my rotors, brakes, ball joints, leaf springs, shocks, and today my check engine oil level light came on because the sensor is broken. This truck has never really been beat on either. Its 0-60 is a joke at 13.3 seconds too. I can tell you that a toyota will take you places that no other truck can go, sure if you beat it to death it will never last, the dodge ram might make it a little longer, however if you do normal driving with fun sometimes, i think the ride quality and mpg with a tundra is worth the trade for a little more durability. Also the tundra looks a lot better.

Edit: To the guy below me i am sorry but my silverado was rusting out after about 2 years of use, meanwhile my friend has a toyota truck from 198? and there is NO RUST ANYWHERE

This is coming from a guy that loves his Toyota's and Chevy's.....get the ram or the F-150. Toyota just isn't as good as the American trucks. I'm not talking about horsepower numbers or how much it can pull. I'm talking about 5 years from now after you put these work trucks trough hell. This gen's tundra will be in pieces. I guarantee it. The fords/chevy's/dodge's interior might fall apart but the drivetrains on those vehicles never seem to give up.

Source(s): I like the New ram a lot but I have trust issues with dodge's in general.

Resale on the dodge would be better and it wouldnt rust out in 3 years like a Toy

Source(s): Mechanic 10 years

I had a 2001 Ram 2500 w/ Cummins diesel. If it wasn't for the diesel engine option, the truck would have been worth $6K when I sold it. The diesel option increased it's resale by another $5K even used. If diesel fuel prices didn't hit the almost $5/gl mark back in late 06-07, I would still have it. It was a great truck though and I know it went to a good owner who appreciated it. To this date, it was the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned.

A Dodge Ram I bought a new one 2004 - 1500 with a Hemi engine those trucks are tough.

Tundra, I have a 2002 bought new. It is the Lexus of trucks. Leather on the dash and consoles. It rides like my Audi.

One of my relatives has a Ram, it has a ride like a bed of nails. Why settle for that when you can do better.

Dodge

You dint post what years n models you're considering.

You ARE aware of the Great Toyota Recall Debacle, right?

You should get a toyota