Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Atheists: How many of you plan to attend Church today?

No, not a trick or "troll" question. For example, how many other Atheists will simply be accompanying their Christian spouse or "Significant Other" in attending Church, as I plan to?

Am I alone in my strange symbiotic Romance?

Favorite Answer

Not I, but yours isn't the first successful atheist/non-atheist relationship I've seen.

My father is an atheist, my stepmother a Protestant Christian (I disremember what kind,) and he attends her church on Sundays as well. The church members know he's a nonbeliever, and still welcome his presence there. In fact, the church's pastor even has regular informal discussions at his home after church with him, and other interested members of the congregation, where my father asks questions (respectfully, of course,) and the pastor or others try to answer the questions for him. He participates in their charity efforts, and tells me he has a lot of fun interacting with his wife's church.

Mixed relationships and marriages are possible, and can be richly wonderful pairings if both are openminded, respectful of the other, and mature enough to recognise that differing opinions don't have to lead to spitefulness or hatred.

• VCC

Me, well i wouldn't call myself an atheist, i just don't know and have never looked it into the idea of religion/christianity. I started going a couple of months ago though. Me and my close friend just moved back home after university and she happens to have become christian whilst at uni. I went to find out what she's about more and to be supportive so she wouldn't be alone. I enjoy and have learnt a lot though. And doing an alpha course which started last week (alpha.org) and i'm really enjoying it, questioning things, learning.

Sunday belong to Satan and your loved ones have no clue. They have been taught that Sunday is the Lord's Day however ask any Jew and you will know what God says.

God's Sabbath is the last day of the week not the first.

I'm an ex-Satanist with close to thirty years in his many organized religious Demoninations, all of which lie to us. These include Catholics, Baptists, Lutherans, SDA, LDS, Buddhists, Allahs, Mohammed, Mormons, Scientology, KKK, Methodists, Presbyterians, Pentecostals, and on and on and on the madness goes.

The only way to Heaven is by accepting, loving and following Jesus Christ born in Nazareth. God in Flesh. God is Love.

Satan is Death.

God is Life.

We are born into Death but we can PICK LIFE.

JESUS is the way and the LIFE.

We are all FREE to DECIDE.

God is FREE WILL.

Source(s): Holy King James - no copyright no greed

I can't remember the last time I attended Church, it must be at least 10 years ago. I don't like Churches, spooky places of evil and demonic possession!

I don't have a religious significant other. So I won't be attending church today :)

I go to church for things like christenings and weddings, but otherwise, I have no need to go there. My spouse is also an atheist.

Many will attend with family members or perhaps alone to learn more about God or to confirm their own belief about his nonexistence.

Source(s): common sense

If I even stepped into church, I would turn into a pillar of salt

I haven't been since I denounced my faith which is a good ten years or so

• Marvin

All are welcomed at the house of GOD.I really hope that you get something out of going this Sunday. Oh yea not a troll answer either.

Source(s): SC

Not me. I only go to church if it's a wedding or a funeral.

-Margaux