Anonymous

How do I get a good jib in accounting? I graduate in December?

Whats a good company to work for? And how do I get a good job?

Favorite Answer

Are you preparing for the CPA exam? This is the best way to differentiate yourself from the pack. There is always a shortage of entry-level CPAs. Without this designation, you're just another fish in the vast sea of green accountants.

There's only like a few thousand people who will be graduating with an accounting degree like you this coming December. You don't say what level you're at. If it's an associates degree, no one will really want you since there are tons of people with more actual experience and higher level degrees and they will be hired before you. Unfortunately, the same goes for people with even a Bachelor's degree in Accounting these days. The economy is bad, and there are going to be like 100 applicants for every job you apply for.

If you have stellar grades - and I mean stellar - then that will help your chances of getting hired straight out of college.