Is it bad when your finger turns green from a ring?

Like, does it have bad side effects or harm your skin or anything?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Not really, though you should stop wearing the ring. It is likely rather cheap, and contains rather a lot of copper. Worst case would be that you end up developing a contact allergy because of the metal alloy in the ring, but that would be rather unlikely.

No it doesn't have any bad side effects or harm your skin. It's a reaction that happens when the metal the ring is made of is fake or my mom's ring turns her finger green when she has too much acid in her system, like if she eats tomatoes or something else with a lot of acid in it.

No this shouldn't harm you. Just quite annoying to get off. It is caused by the copper in the ring. I have several pieces of costume jewelry which I love but are cheap causing my skin to turn green. I loved the pieces of jewellery so much it didn't stop me wearing them. Recently I found out that if you coat the area that touches the skin with clear nail varnish it acts as a barrier and voila no green skin! I can now wear my costume jewellery without having to look like shrek!

nah

but don't wear the ring anymore