?

what is the difference between the United Pentecostal Church and the Apostolics?

I know there is a Apostolic sect that believes they hold the truth. They wear head covering as a Mandatory rule and thick stockings. Is this the only difference?

No, they are a Oneness Apostic group. They believe that the UPC is way off. They believe in Acts 2:38 and no pants, makeup and Jewwelry. They believe if you are a Trinitarian you are not saved.

I know someone whose wife has to wear headcoverings as well as the little girls. They are Oneness Apostolic sect. Also, thick stockings are required and tights for the girls.

I've done some more research. I believe one of the differences is Marriage. The belief that any remarriage is considered perpetual Adultery if one of the spouse is alive. Because parneia or the clause fornication pertains to the bethrothal period like Mary and Joseph. So therefore, in modern times it would be like a an engagement if one comitted "fornication" not adultery then they can put her away.

• gatita
    Favorite Answer

I am an Apostolic woman who DOES NOT wear a head covering, my uncut hair is my covering. I wear regular stockings not thick stockings, and sometimes I am bare legged. We do not dress like the Amish or the LDS groups that practice polygamy such as those in Texas.

There is no doctrinal difference between other Apostolic churches which are:

United Pentecostal Church Intenational

Pentecostal Assemblies of Jesus Christ

The Apostolic Church of Jesus Christ

Apostolic Assembly of the Faith in Christ Jesus (AAFCJ)

Worldwide Pentecostal Church of Christ Worldwide Pentecostal Fellowship

Apostolic Assemblies of Christ

Apostolic Assembly of the Faith in Christ Jesus

Apostolic Brethren

Apostolic Gospel Church of Jesus Christ

Apostolic Overcoming Holy Church of God

Assemblies of the Lord Jesus Christ

Bible Way Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ

Church of Jesus Christ International

Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith

Global Alliance of Affirming Apostolic Pentecostals

Pentecostal Assemblies of the World

United Pentecostal Church in India

We believe there is only one God (Deuteronomy 6:4). He is the creator of heaven and earth, and of all living beings. He has revealed Himself to humanity as the Father (Creator), in the son (Savior), and as the Holy Ghost (indwelling Spirit). In reference to the gifts of the Spirit I refer to 1 Cor. 13:

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

The key to understanding why tongues have NOT ceased is because "that which is perfect" (Jesus) has not returned for His church. Those who have been baptized in His NAME.

gatita

Apostolic Believer In One God, Jesus

Source(s): KJV Bible 1611 http://www.upci.org/doctrine.asp

Protestant refers to those denominations which formed by protesting against, and coming out of, the Catholic church. This would include Lutherans, Anglicans (Episcopalians), Presbyterians, but does NOT include later churches such as Methodist, Baptist and Pentecostal. Pentecostal churches believe in the infilling of the Holy Ghost and the use of the Gifts of the Spirit. United Pentecostal Church is one of the Apostolic Pentecostal churches. Apostolic Pentecostal churches reject all church creeds and doctrines that are not found in scripture, including, but not limited to, the creeds of the fourth and fifth centuries (Nicene, Athanasian, etc.). Thus, Apostolics are probably the only Christians who still practice water baptism the way the apostles did: by immersion in the name of Jesus. (Nearly all other churches use the titles Father, Son and Holy Ghost, based jointly on a misunderstanding of the command of Matthew 28:19 and Catholic tradition. The apostles never once used those titles in baptism, but always used only Jesus' name: Acts chapters 2, 8, 10, 19 and 22; cf. Acts 4:12; Col. 3:17) Apostolics believe that all the fullness of the Godhead dwells bodily in Jesus (Col. 2:9), as opposed to most churches which teach that Jesus is one person in the Godhead. Apostolic doctrines are very different from most other churches precisely because we reject the traditions that came after the first century. For us, Apostolic means "like the apostles," so we endeavor to teach exactly what they taught, regardless of what the rest of Christianity has been doing for 18 or 19 hundred years.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): difference united pentecostal church apostolics: https://bitly.im/ayV5w
  • Bill C

I'm unfamiliar with any Apostolic church that requires head coverings and thick stockings. The United Pentecostal Church is the largest Apostolic denomination in the US. All of the Apostolic Pentecostal churches share the same basic doctrinal beliefs, but there are some differences between the denominations on other subjects. But as I said, I've never heard of an Apostolic church requiring head coverings or thick stockings.

Source(s): Apostolic minister
  • Erika

Worldwide Pentecostal Fellowship

The United Pentecostal Church and other Apostolic Churches are the same thing.

Are you sure your not talking about Mennonites or Amish?

Some of these answers are based on you inexperience of The Holy Ghost presence. I left the Apostolics after 9 years of not finding that moving power of God anywhere else! After 20 years of searching, I realized I needed to get back to where the power of God is moving! Speaking in tongues by an undeniable presence of God himself. Interpreter? Lol! The presence of God is our interpreter. I do not wear stockings nor a habit...but feel special in my dresses. I'm a ranchers wife and often have to wear pants to climb trailers full of hay. I dress different because I feel different, I have made this commitment to serve Christ and not religion. I am in a relationship and not a religion. I have solie dedicated myself to Christ! I need this for me! To stay strong and in His power that did not come when I left. I respect those who do not believe in the Apostolic way and ask that those do the same for me. To follow peace and love without confusion or finger pointing.

Apostolic Assemblies Of Christ

Many spanish apostolic churches require the head coverings. :)

The difference is that the Apostolics interpret when they speak in tongues. Pentacostals disregard that command.