Do my parents need to sign something to buy a bb/pellet gun in Wal-Mart?

I wanted to know if i can just get any one to buy it for me that's over 18? Or do i need MY parents and no one else? please explain to me.

P.S I want the Daisy Powerline 880 :)

Favorite Answer

No. It is 16 in my state (NY). It would be best to have your parents buy the gun, because they would be legally responsible for you. Say you accidentally bust a car window. As a minor, you can't be made to pay for it, however a parent or legal guardian can be made to pay for it. Anyone who buys you a gun is assuming the role of legal guardian by purchasing the gun for you.

Once you turn 16 in my state, you can be held responsible for your actions, even though you are a minor still. Some states say 17, others 18.

You don't want a Daisy Powerline 880. It is plastic junk. You want a Crosman 2100b aka Remington AirMaster 77 (nickel plated barrel, so-so scope and other accessories for about $20 extra)

http://www.pyramydair.com/p/crosman-2100b-air-rifl...

Shoots harder, more accurately and better made.

Source(s): http://groups.yahoo.com/group/airgun/ Large assortment of FREE downloadable, high quality targets, helpful links and great air gun discussions.

It's not a real gun. But they won't sell any to someone under 18. It's a liability thing. That being said there are no forms and whatnot to fill out. Since it is not considered a weapon.

well it can be anyone all that is needed is an ID card like a drivers license to prove the adult is 18+ it's better if it's your parent's so they can check out the gun you want and see if it fits you properly and its for your intended use (plinking, hunting, target shooting) so either way you can get it with someone 18+. the only guns that require a signature are any actual fire arm so they can ID you, get a background check and all. for your air rifle all they need to do is see ID for age verification.

Source(s): trust me, i know guns and laws

You must be over 18 and present an ID. You should have a parent do it, if you have a friend do it they assume the liability for it and it would likely be illegal for them to do so.

Get someone over 18 to buy it and then they can just give it to you.

you need to be over 18 to purchase one. doesnt matter if its mom, dad, older sibling, etc.

Just a word to the wise, make sure mom & dad are aware and OK with that.

no, all they need to do is show their id(drovers license usually) if they are asked