Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)Argentinian Football (Soccer) · 10 years ago

i have a question regarding lionel messi's nationality?

i think he italian!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

As he said in an interview, his paternal grandparents where from Porto Recanati, Italy.

50% of people living in Buenos Aires have at least an Italian (full blooded, from Italy) grandparent.

Here http://noticias.centroapuesta.com/article+storyid-... you can find the interview, in original Spanish language.

Messi got Spanish ctizenship in 2005, though.

• 4 years ago

Lionel Messi Nationality

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Messi Italian

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

i have a question regarding lionel messi's nationality?

i think he italian!

Source(s): question lionel messi 39 nationality: https://biturl.im/TFGpc
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

His nationality is Argentine, but his ancestors immigrated to Argentina from Italy. Many players who were born in Argentina have an Italian heritage: Zanetti, Cambiasso and Camoranesi are just a few of them.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Messi was born on 24 June 1987 to the south of Rosario, in the province of Santa Fe, Argentina, to parents Jorge Horacio Messi, a factory worker, and Celia María Cuccittini, a part-time cleaner. His paternal family originates from the Italian city of Ancona.

• 10 years ago

Many argentines come from european ancestry. For example I am argentine but my family is from France, my last name is Eurite.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Nah Bro he from Argentina! What made you think he from Italy?

Source(s): I wish I was friends with him. =P
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

yes he got italian anchestry his ethnicity is italian

• 10 years ago

what make you think hes Italian.

messi is from argentina but he also have the spanish nationality in other words Catalan.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.