No.
No. asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why did President Barack Obama win the Nobel Peace Prize?

It has been close to a year since his award and I still cannot figure out why he was honored with the Prize. This isn't a dig at Mr. Obama, his administration, party affiliation, or policies.

In good conscious, I cannot possibly choose a "Best Answer", but thank you for your responses.

Favorite Answer

Good question.. Maybe his charisma. lol Remember, during the elections people thought he was God. This was a man who went to the same Radical church for 23 years and said he didn't agree with the leader's philosophy. For a person to make this statement, they have to be the biggest Con on earth or the biggest dumb ***, and I don't think he's a dumb *** so you figure it out. What's worse, is the people who believed it have no excuses. They're your true idiots of this world. Funny though, I saw the latest polls on his approval ratings today and he's at an all time low. Hm mm--so many jumping ship already?

• Mark T

The short answer is he hasn't been as "enthusiastic" about crusading around the globe as the Palin/McCain presidency would have been.

So I think you get the prize for being "successful" but (like the old saying goes - the trick to being successful .... "don't f*ck up").

We don't even have to speculate about what Mrs. Palin would have advocated - she has stated that she would go to war against Iran, when asked why, because Israel is our ally - http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.aspx?tabid=17...

Of course the problem is , both China and Russia have said they would back Iran in any military engagement - http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9DLF...

So back in reality it's the same problem we had during the Bush administration, so you have neoconservative influence peddlers with ZERO responsibility for the effects upon the United States, pushing for the US to commit to trillions of dollars of further war expenditures, to say nothing of the economic chaos of a war with China and the catastrophic impact of the world economy on the heels of astronomical oil prices, all to make radicals in Tel Aviv feel more comfortable.

The COLD, HARD facts are that Iran probably already has at least one and perhaps 2 weapons worth of nuclear material , the idea of a nuclear Iran is (while distinctly unpleasant), not unlike a nuclear Pakistan, simply a fact that the rest of the world is going to have to learn to live with.

Diplomatically, militarily , the Iranians have played their hand extremely well, the Israelis overstretched their influence during the Bush administration and have cried wolf on the "threat" of various other nations in the region.

Their actions in the recent blockade against Palestinians infuriated the Turkish government so much, that Turkey has severed diplomatic relations with Israel and is seeking alliance with Iran.

So it's not an exaggeration to suggest that the radicalized politics in Israel are creating all sorts of "unintended consequences", and the more we stay on the sidelines , the better and - as President's Madison and Washington advised - do what we can to avoid entangling alliances, return to being a more honest broker in the region.

Nor am I'm suggesting we abandon Israel , but we don't have to support the most radical elements of Israeli political society to consider ourselves allies either.

• Rasa

I don't know and I apologize for that. Then again, I'm not in any way, shape or form related to deciding who gets a Nobel Peace Prize.

It was a stupid decision. I mean, I get in theory. He was a black man and elected president. Very beautiful moment in our country's history. But to give HIM the nobel peace prize? He didn't elect himself. He didn't even do anything that fantastic except speak well and campaign for president.

it was a stupid, ridiculous decision.

Source(s): Liberal
  • Lv 7

Why don't you research it, just type in Nobel Peace Prize and Obama on the Google search engine.

No idea. Criminals have won the NPP, it hasn't mattered for a long time. Al Gore and his Global Warming crap beat out a lady who saved truck loads of kids...

"for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

That was the reason Liberals claimed. But the Jews and the United Kingdom hate us now, so it isn't true.

The award it to Mass Murders and their ilk mostly heartless people who have destroyed Country's and lives.

Be sure 0bama is destroying America enough to be on this list of Enemy's of mankind.

• Jay

Muslims buddies with influence at Oslo, they gave him the prize as a bribe of sort.

Apparently the prize is not so much for spreading peace than for conforming best to the liberal ideology.

He is the first President who has held out a hand of peace to other countries who have had hard feelings and bad relationships with the US in the past. Hoping to inspire peace among countries.

There is too much hate in the world. We have a President who is strong and confident and wants peaceful relationships w/ other countries so that we are a safer nation.

Thank you President Obama

I got one in my crackerjack box the other day, and if you look inside marked Captian Crunch boxes it's in there this month.

They became utterly worthless after he received it.

Him getting it by doing nothing disgraces all of those who devoted their lives to something and EARNED it.

Basically he got it through Affirmative Action.