Hand drawn looking web design, is this the latest web design trend?

I've been mostly noticing it for typography but I have also seen may buttons and other graphics that look hand drawn too. I know the style has been around for a while but do you think it's the latest web design trend because this style is appearing everywhere at the moment. Almost like it's exploded across the web.

Update:

Daniel: Absolutly, thats just what I was thinking.

Whenever I do it, I actually hand draw the font then I scan it into photoshop to tweak.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • g'kar
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

I don't think it's so much a trend. You get people in graphics or web design who use hand drawn stuff but it's always been on the net like you say. Let's face it everything goes around in circles so what's cool today will be surpassed by something else tomorrow but will come back around.

Having said all that it's always best to keep abreast of new web typography and layouts, after all were always learning.

• 9 years ago

Actually no! I haven’t seen them in dog ages, may be because I haven’t been to them for types of searches or educational purposes I look for. Most that I have been visiting is the Flash type website which most abuse to an extent that makes even my fast connection slow.

• 9 years ago

of course you may choose uniqe style..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.