Anonymous

culturally speaking why do people think blacks have to have black hair?

I just read a question and this guy said blacks can't have other color hair but black..we can have blonde(very very rare),red, and brown..In fact my sister and cousin has red hair and it's not dyed

we can have blue eye's also

http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/commons/thu...

http://www.author-me.com/images/clip_image004_0001...

http://joeljamescomedy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009...

I said blonde hair and blue eye's are not red hair and brown hair

Favorite Answer

Lol, I knew this was a question from that other question about us only having dark brown (which people think it is black) hair. And yes you are correct, we can have a lot of traits where people think it is impossible, we come in many different varieties. When I answered that question I did mention both my 10-year old niece (who also has freckles, which is another thing I hear black people can't supposedly have) and my 24-year old sister; both of them have red hair that wasn't dyed that color and although my niece is a 1/4 white, she is still considered black. And my older sister is a black woman, black parents, black grandparents. This is what I mean about us being so diverse.

Very very long down the line. I know most African Americans are mixed with something but I am not going to claim someone is mixed just because they have a white or native american great-great grandparent who is a different race. Brown hair is a more dominant trait, so if that was the case I would have red hair, so would my 26 year old sister, my 17 year old brother and my 16 year old sister. Also, my niece's brothers would have red hair as well. So your theory is very wrong.

Where is your proof that these are even real? They look pretty fake to me, especially the fourth (they look like colored contacts).

Also, one in ten million having a slightly different feature doesn't qualify blacks as being very diverse.

Edit: SM, don't expect them to understand what you're saying, they're blinded by their own racism.

Edit: Chef, somewhere down the line, you'll find a white person, just look. Traits can stay dormant for a very long time.

Edit: I don't care what you call them, my point is it's not a black trait, it's just a dormant trait passed on from a very old (or frequent, doesn't make a difference) ancestor who was most likely white. Call them black, but acknowledge where the trait originated; don't call it a black trait.

Most of the time Blacks do have the same hair color.

Most of the time blacks have dark hair and eyes but my maternal great grandpa had red auburn hair so is it possible for blacks to have light hair and light eyes because genes can work in different ways

Edit: SM you are being ignorant black celebrities who wear colored contacts and dye they're hair are being more eurocentric to us not self haters

• ?

Because 98% of the time that's the hair color you guys have.

Besides if you guys are soooo diverse then why do you guys trip so much when your celebrities get surgeries and shyt for features you guys supposedly have without admixture?

I mean if you guys have supposedly have things like straight noses, colored eyes, light skin, etc without being mixed then why are you guys always on the nuts/clits of black celebrities who change their features and accusing them of being self haters or sellouts?

Besides when you guys see latinas with big butts you guys automatically assume that if it isn't fake, that she MUST be mixed with black. So quit acting like you guys dont see other races the exact same way.

Well, unless your half-white, it could be this. Think of your African ancestors...were they immigrants or (no offense) slaves? Anyway, over the generations of African-Americans living in America, their skin tones have faded, accents have changed, hair color must have faded also, because its the US, not Africa. No need for all that melanin, right?

Ignorance. People are simply unaware that African Americans come in all shades, and when I say shades this includes complexion, hair , and eyes. smh

• ?

Some people think that colouring your hair in a colour that is not your natural colour is almost amoral, the modesty tradition.

SM - what the hell are you talking about? i could care less who got what surgery. as long as they don't run around here looking like Joan Rivers, lol. can someone please say um...DAMN!!! LOL!!

I see a lot of non black women with huge @sses, it doesn't mean they are mixed with black. a huge @ss is not a black woman trait. we just don't try and downplay it like some women.

• SA.™

becuz some people are just ignorant an think that all black people are alike.