Why is my grandma scared that I might get pregnant?

I am a 19 year old virgin. I am in college and I never had a boyfriend. I have met this great guy, he is 23, and we might be in a relationship. My grandma is old fashioned and religious(wait until marriage to have sex). There has been girls she know from church who have went to college and got pregnant. She knows I... show more I am a 19 year old virgin. I am in college and I never had a boyfriend. I have met this great guy, he is 23, and we might be in a relationship. My grandma is old fashioned and religious(wait until marriage to have sex). There has been girls she know from church who have went to college and got pregnant. She knows I am a good girl and I told her(she knows) I don't have sex. She also warns me about getting close to guys and having them over. I think I am responsible. The only thing me and the 23 year have did was kissed and he has been over before. How do I get her to understand that I am responsible? And that if I do have sex, that it doesn't make me any different?
8 answers 8