Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Jehovah witness,can you tell me the meaning of mighty God and Everlasting Father?

Isaiah 9:6. says Jesus is the mighty God and everlasting Father.If you don't believe, How can you enter into heaven Only one criteria to enter into heaven is belief in Jesus as the savior and lord. Jesus will sit in the throne of heaven.There is no throne in the name of Jehovah in heaven as per Bible.In heaven Jesus is the only God you see.God is one.Don't waist your life and soul.Believe jesus as your savior and Lord.If you say I followed Jehovah.Then jesus will ask you.I came to the world in the human form and died for your sins .You have rejected me.I don't know you.Get away from me.You will thrown to eternal fire.Be a christian.There is no mention of Jehovah witness in Bible.Old teastament God said -be my witnesses.New tetament Jesus said - be my witnesses.We are God's witnesses.Father+Jesus+Holy Spirit=God

• gatita
    Favorite Answer

The problem is in the translations, one that teaches Jesus to be the Mighty God in Christ and the other that relegates our Lord to be a god, inferior to Jehovah. Let's compare the KJV with the New World Translation.

Isaiah 9:6, King James Version: For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

New World Translation: 6 For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

Rev. 1:7-18 King James Version: 7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. 8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. 9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. 10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, 11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. 12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. 16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. 17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

New World Translation: 7 Look! He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, and those who pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief because of him. Yes, Amen. 8 “I am the Al´pha and the O·me´ga,” says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.” 9 I John, YOUR brother and a sharer with YOU in the tribulation and kingdom and endurance in company with Jesus, came to be in the isle that is called Pat´mos for speaking about God and bearing witness to Jesus. 10 By inspiration I came to be in the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a strong voice like that of a trumpet, 11 saying: “What you see write in a scroll and send it to the seven congregations, in Eph´e·sus and in Smyr´na and in Per´ga·mum and in Thy·a·ti´ra and in Sar´dis and in Philadelphia and in La·o·di·ce´a.” 12 And I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me, and, having turned, I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the lampstands someone like a son of man, clothed with a garment that reached down to the feet, and girded at the breasts with a golden girdle. 14 Moreover, his head and his hair were white as white wool, as snow, and his eyes as a fiery flame; 15 and his feet were like fine copper when glowing in a furnace; and his voice was as the sound of many waters. 16 And he had in his right hand seven stars, and out of his mouth a sharp, long two-edged sword was protruding, and his countenance was as the sun when it shines in its power. 17 And when I saw him, I fell as dead at his feet. And he laid his right hand upon me and said: “Do not be fearful. I am the First and the Last, 18 and the living one; and I became dead, but, look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of Ha´des.

Who is returning, Jesus or Jehovah?

The New World Translation is a corrupt translation (?) of the Bible which denies the divinity of Jesus Christ and deceives its followers. When the divinity of Christ is denied we can no longer be called Christian. .

gatita

Apostolic Believer In One God, Jesus

Source(s): KLV Bible 1611 NWT Bible http://www.spotlightministries.org.uk/jwbaptism.ht...
  • yep!

Yes, those beautiful titles apply to God's Son Jesus, the one who Jehovah appointed to be King of His Kingdom.

Mighty God, Jesus is, being the 'Firstborn of all creation' -Colossians 1:15 He even had a share in creating the angels and all other things besides himself (Proverbs 8:22-31)!

Jesus is above the angels as Philippians 2: 8-10 says! many scriptures even speak of him and his army of angels.

From the Gospel accounts of Matthew Mark Luke and John, we get a view of what Almighty God Jehovah is like. The abilities that Almighty Jehovah God gave Jesus to perform, indeed made him godlike, yet Jesus never ever claimed that he was God. The people wanted to kill him because he said he was the Son of God. Jesus spent chapters explaining that he was not GOD.

He became our everlasting Father, by replacing Adam. If Adam had remained faithful, his faith would have meant everlasting blessings for his offspring. Jehovah had Jesus step into Adam's role as our Father. What a loving provision! Both Jehovah God and Jesus love us! (John 3:16 and Proverbs 8:31 & John 15:13)

In the scriptures we learn something very important. Jesus is indeed called 'mighty God' , but NOWHERE in the scriptures is he called the ALMIGHTY GOD.

That distinction belongs to the One that Created everything including Jesus (Colossians 1:15)

It is Jehovah God who is Almighty God! (Exodus 6:3 and Psalm 83:18) (SEE ALSO 2 Corinthians 6:18; Revelation 1:8; 4:8

Revelation 11:17; 15:3; 16:7; 16;14; 19:6; 19:15; and 21:22)

This is what the Bible Really Teaches!

Learn more at JW.ORG

Source(s): God's Word the Bible

Jesus is “Mighty God” and “Eternal Father.” This does not mean that he usurps the authority and position of Jehovah, who is “God our Father.” (2 Corinthians 1:2) “He [Jesus] . . . gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.” (Philippians 2:6) He is called Mighty God, not Almighty God. Jesus never thought of himself as God Almighty, for he spoke of his Father as “the only true God,” that is, the only God who should be worshiped. (John 17:3; Revelation 4:11) In the Scriptures, the word “god” can mean “mighty one” or “strong one.” (Exodus 12:12; Psalm 8:5; 2 Corinthians 4:4) Before Jesus came to earth, he was “a god,” “existing in God’s form.” After his resurrection, he returned to an even higher position in the heavens. (John 1:1; Philippians 2:6-11) Further, the designation “god” carries an additional implication. Judges in Israel were called “gods”—once by Jesus himself. (Psalm 82:6; John 10:35) Jesus is Jehovah’s appointed Judge, “destined to judge the living and the dead.” (2 Timothy 4:1; John 5:30) Clearly, he is well named Mighty God.

The title “Eternal Father” refers to the Messianic King’s power and authority to give humans the prospect of eternal life on earth. (John 11:25, 26) The legacy of our first parent, Adam, was death. Jesus, the last Adam, “became a life-giving spirit.” (1 Corinthians 15:22, 45; Romans 5:12, 18) Just as Jesus, the Eternal Father, will live forever, so obedient mankind will enjoy the benefits of his fatherhood eternally.—Romans 6:9.

• This is a bit of a rant rather than a question but I'll still answer it.

Jesus is not called Almighty God. That title only belongs to his Father, God.

The Hebrew word Shad‧dai′ and the Greek word Pan‧to‧kra′tor are both translated “Almighty.”

Both original-language words are repeatedly applied to Jehovah, the Father.

Exodus. 6:3

Revelation 19:6

Neither expression is ever applied to either the Son or the holy spirit.

• An honest person asks an honest question.

A dishonest person uses a rant to preach his own apologetics.

Do you really think that Jehovah's Witnesses have never read Isaiah 9:6?

Do you really think that we do not understand it?

If so, you are wrong on both counts.

Jehovah's Witnesses are also witnesses of the Lord Jesus Christ.

http://www.watchtower.org

Jehovah's Witnesses do not have to be told to "believe jesus as your savior and Lord." We already do.

Instead of trying to disguise polemics as a question, take the time to learn what we really believe.

Source(s): The HOLY Bible

As "Mighty God," Jesus is acting as a glorious resurrected divine being, and as God’s appointed Judge, “destined to judge the living and the dead.” (2 Timothy 4:1; John 5:30)

As "Everlasting Father," Jesus is fulfilling the role Adam lost. (1 Corinthians 15:22, 45)

-----------------------

By the way, the Trinity doctrine is not "Father+Jesus+Holy Spirit=God." Per Trinitarianism, the Father is God, Jesus is God, and the Holy Spirit is God. See any "Shield of the Trinity" diagram.[1] Additionally, per Trinitarianism, Jesus is fully man outside of earth's atmosphere and fully divine, in hypostatic union.[2]

Pity a little goat calling sheep goats but never knew he was a goat himself.

Notice, though, that it doesn't call him Almighty. And also note that he is refered to as the PRINCE of peace, not the King of Peace. No doubt because he is not the same as the father, rather subordinate.

• One of the jehovah cultists has admitted on this site that they accept the notion of a plurality of 'gods' and that jesus was really the 'angel Michael'

there is not much more to be said in the face of such truly frothing at the mouth madness.

Father of Abundance of Love and Care beyond our comprehension.

It is true that Jesus is mentioned as being a mighty god.But he has never been mentioned as being the Almighty God.At Ps 83:18 it states clearly who the Heavenly Father says His name is.Jesus is our lord and savior and our eternal father because he repurchased us thru his shed blood and in a sense adopted us as his earthly children.But not once did he take worship away from his Father to put it upon himself.Only one person did that and that was SATAN THE DEVIL.If you are asking Witnesses to worship Jesus as their God then you are doing the same thing Satan did when he tempted Jesus to do one act of worhip to him.